For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Really fast and slow movement.

Hardware & Driver related problems
]Rubberwood
OldUnreal Member

Really fast and slow movement.

Post by ]Rubberwood »

On my other comp i'm using an ATI Radeon HD 4650 videocard. It's using version 227e. It randomly goes beyond normal speed and randomly goes slower than normal speed.  It is not a 227e bug, i tried to see if 227 would fix it from 226. In other words 226 had the same problem. This did not happen with the previous videocard, motherboard and processer. Yes, the computer had a complete makeover.

Yes, I have seen the previous posts about the same subjects, but the problems were separate when mine are both of those issues. And they were quite a while ago.
Last edited by ]Rubberwood on Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
GreatEmerald
OldUnreal Member

Re: Really fast and slow movement.

Post by GreatEmerald »

FrameRateLimit to 200 and turn off/change to Performance your power management. I get these kind of things on Linux Wine'd UT99 too, yet I can't find where that power management is...
§tå£kër 3000
OldUnreal Member

Post by §tå£kër 3000 »

Try using opengl rendering,
My system did the samething, and it was not a power management, etc. issue, and take the time to tweak the opengl settings just like the 227 guide says. worked perfectly on two of my puters here.
Also the drivers for the vid card may also cause this problem, you may want to go to a previous version of the driver or ugrade to the latest, depending on your situation. In my case turning on verticle sync also made a big improvement.
And I have all the eye candy/effects as high as they will go.
§tå£kër 3000 Playing Unreal since 1998 Stalking Unreal since 2008!
[§Ŕ] ŤhěxĐâŕkśîđěŕ
OldUnreal Member

Post by [§Ŕ] ŤhěxĐâŕkśîđěŕ »

That was happening before on my mum's laptop (!=gaming) but only when online. And no, it wasn't lag, it was really slowing down like I set slomo 0.8. Yeah, barely noticeable, but when I was watching the player from my desktop PC, he was going back and forth all the time.

First-hand solution:
For offline/online play: speedhack Unreal (or set slomo) to 1.5-2, and for online play only, check your Internet connection. Oh well.
Chaos13
OldUnreal Member

Post by Chaos13 »

...my mum's laptop (!=gaming)
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Skydev = Chaos13 = Dimension4

Return to “Hardware & Drivers”