For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

[HP1] HTK

This Board features Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (UE1), Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (UE1) and Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (UE2).
han
Global Moderator

[HP1] HTK

Post by han »

Stripped down version of HTK my personal toolkit package for Harry Potter 1.1

Initial code for Animation and SkeletalMesh exporter by Jochen Goernitz and Dots.

03/2017 by Sebastian Kaufel

Visit http://coding.hanfling.de/launch/
http://coding.hanfling.de/launch/release/HTK-HarryPotter-11-20170323.zip

Short Story:
ucc fullbatchexport HPBase ..\FBE\HPBase

Long Story:
You should grab the UCC.exe/HP1.exe out of the precompiled PubSrc binaries in the other thread. You want that UCC, so included exporters will get loaded in case no HTK commandlet is used (e.g. ordinary batchexport), and you want to use 'HP.exe -preferences' to throw up the preferences dialogue, as there are some options for some commandlets to be found there.

Exporters are included to complete the set of resource exporters required to rebuild the *.u packages previously build with make. This include a Bitmap Font, a Gesture, a Animation, a SkeletalMesh exporter and JamesMesh exportorting integrated into fbe ( (obviously this won't get you TrueType Fonts, but this shouldn't be an issue for this particular game).

Anyone in particular interessted in getting the tools ready for HP2 should take a look at the ResRays commandlet, which is designed to rebuild #exec lines for resources imports, which will become invaluable when it come to deal with rebuilding source stripped packages in HP2. It won't detect the LODSTYLE style used for importing meshes, nor am I interessted in ever implementing heuristics for it. For HP1 in particular always LODSTYLE=10 was used, and was likely the same for HP2. You can set this as the MeshModelImportAppend option, so it gets autoappended to each #exec MESH MODELIMPORT line, so one won't have to do this by hand. I noticed that for a few skeletalmeshes the defaultanimation is missing though there exists #exec lines for these in the original script. Afaik the mesh/animation names were dublicated into multiple packages causing this.

Embedded packages can be extracted with saveembedded, though as far as I can tell they were included in the shipping version anyway.

ScriptRays (decompiler) sadly didn't make it in time, and I didn't want to wait with releasing updated headers and HTK for HP1 any longer, as thinking that the decompiler will make it in time basically needless delayed the release of them already for quite some weeks.

HOWEVER. Once ScriptRays reaches IOC I would certainly would like to see some dry run in HP1 (where the original script is available) to see what awaits for rebuilding packages in HP2 and if needed fixing bugs while there is still the original script left to compare the results too.

Oh and source is included...
HX on Mod DB. Revision on Steam. Löffels on Patreon.
djbff
OldUnreal Member

Re: [HP1] HTK

Post by djbff »

Thanks for this! I've finally got a bit of spare time on my hands and am interested in throwing together a widescreen menu / tick rate patch together for HP1 and am slowly figuring out how it all works.

I'm encountering a weird issue with this tool when trying to export the HPBase package I'm wondering if you could shed some light on. Most of the textures and classes and meshes export just fine, but for some reason FireTextures, IceTextures, and WaterTextures all seem to get skipped despite seemingly being supported according to the source of the utility:

Any ideas what's going on here? This seems like the final barrier to actually being able to build the base/menu packages from source so I can try out some fixes. Thanks in advance!
Last edited by djbff on Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
han
Global Moderator

Post by han »

Launcher in pubsrc (and builds of it) already enforces >5ms/frame.. or what that value was for that game.

I would really enjoyy having a widescreen fix.

The problem with the Fractaltextures is that, there wasn't any way in stock ue1 to import those and they were just editor createable.

Recreating them depends on other tools, which I have, but they have a bit of different sets on the requirements for the game (mostly just requiring TEXF_RGBA8 support, which would be an issue with the opengldrv there though), but also I would need Editor headers, etc. etc.

Either way I think as far as codepackages are concerned, they were always in a subpackages, like FXPackages, which you can extract using saveembedded commandlet (if not that fbe version there extracts them over autodetecting them already that is).
djbff
OldUnreal Member

Post by djbff »

Either way I think as far as codepackages are concerned, they were always in a subpackages, like FXPackages, which you can extract using saveembedded commandlet (if not that fbe version there extracts them over autodetecting them already that is).
Great, that worked. Thanks! One further question: I notice that when resources are exported, they're exported as the names they're given in the UnrealScript classes instead of the filenames the #exec commands try to import them as. For example, in HPBase/Classes/ModTarget1.uc (the first file on which compile fails), it has the line

Code: Select all

#EXEC TEXTURE IMPORT NAME=ModTarget1Tex0  FILE=TEXTURES\Target1.bmp  GROUP=Skins
Which is looking for a file called Target1.bmp in the textures folder to import as 'ModTarget1Tex0'. However, HTK extracts this file to 'Textures/Skins/ModTarget1Tex0.bmp' and not 'Textures/Target1.bmp' so UCC doesn't find it and stops trying to compile.

Short of manually renaming all the resource files to be at the expected locations (or editing all the #exec import statements to point to the correct files), is there a setting or tool I'm missing anywhere in HTK or UCC that addresses this?

Thanks again!
han
Global Moderator

Post by han »

ResRays commandlet rebuilds the import #exec statements as best as it can with the limited information available (e.g. you can't derive the name of a truetypefont after it's rastered on import anymore, etc.).
Last edited by han on Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
djbff
OldUnreal Member

Post by djbff »

Okay, so after an hour or two of editing #exec statements across the HPBase and HPMenu classes based in the ResRays output, I finally managed to get them to compile! I'm going to try and come up with a nicer fix before I post the patched .u files, but as a quick proof-of-concept here's the HP1 options menu running at 2560x1440 without cropping:

Raf
OldUnreal Member

Post by Raf »

Okay, so after an hour or two of editing #exec statements across the HPBase and HPMenu classes based in the ResRays output, I finally managed to get them to compile! I'm going to try and come up with a nicer fix before I post the patched .u files, but as a quick proof-of-concept here's the HP1 options menu running at 2560x1440 without cropping:

Is there any news about widescreen fix?

UPD: widescreen patch
Last edited by Raf on Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Harry Potter Series”