For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Deus Ex Revision Mod and problems with running online multiplayer mode

Please add information, maps, mods, links or anything else related to DeusEx here.
luke11685
OldUnreal Member

Deus Ex Revision Mod and problems with running online multiplayer mode

Post by luke11685 »

So I need original version to run Revision Mod for original Deus Ex 1.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Re: Deus Ex Revision Mod and problems with running online multiplayer mode

Post by Leo T_C_K »

I think by this point you need revision yourself. Perhaps you can't even think clearly given this heat and everything in that case you shouldn't try so many new things at once...but expecting to play online using revision mod or whatever that replaces original files is not good. This is why those mods are fundemantaly bad ideas because they replace core files of the game.
luke11685
OldUnreal Member

Post by luke11685 »

Leo T_C_K wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:06 am I think by this point you need revision yourself. Perhaps you can't even think clearly given this heat and everything in that case you shouldn't try so many new things at once...but expecting to play online using revision mod or whatever that replaces original files is not good. This is why those mods are fundemantaly bad ideas because they replace core files of the game.
I guess you're right. I thought someone would help fixing this issue. Problem I mean.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

It can't be fixed unless you confoirm the files to the regular deus ex ones and then you risc having client desyncs.

And trying to conform them I guess is something you shouldn't try yourself as its you know...more advanced stuff that you might easily mess up.

This mod will only work if some other server is running it too, but you cannot join regular servers anymore.

Return to “Deus Ex”