For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Deus Ex Malkavian Mod(minor problems)

Please add information, maps, mods, links or anything else related to DeusEx here.
luke11685
OldUnreal Member

Deus Ex Malkavian Mod(minor problems)

Post by luke11685 »

I can't destroy flowerpot named Hitler by using GEP Gun. Same for Karkian(Mole People?)so I can't get Sabertooth Dragon Sword. I can't kill Karkian same for UNATCO Trooper Soldier. So Malkavian Mod can work only with Deus Ex Goty without Revision Mod at once both of mods,right? Why could it be fixed for good?
[]KAOS[]Casey
OldUnreal Member

Re: Deus Ex Malkavian Mod(minor problems)

Post by []KAOS[]Casey »

Malkavian Mod was made before revision existed. Based on the error, it looks like revision might have added/modified something at the C++ level and it's just not fully compatible.

In theory, malkavian mod could be recompiled on revision and it could work, but revision has made a ton of under the hood changes that could make malkavian mod not work as intended -- though that is unlikely.

Either way, i'd just create a separate install for malkavian mod, or revert so it's just 1.112fm. malkavian mod is short enough that it shouldn't bother you too much.
luke11685
OldUnreal Member

Post by luke11685 »

This mod is working without Revision Mod of Deus Ex. However some missions couldn't be completed without using cheats.
luke11685
OldUnreal Member

Post by luke11685 »

I think in some version J.C. Denton survived Jock's(being a bomb)explosion and then J.C. Denton would talk to invisible El Rey(being not visible kid)so Lucius DeBeers would say his catchphrase"gottem". But yeah it looks I cannot the Karkian in the ladies bathroom(toilet). I also can't kill that easily NSF Troopers. It's kind of hard to hear dialogue conversation such as "Tools,Tools I don't know what they are expecting us to do without tools I left on ship...etc."

Return to “Deus Ex”