For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Computer problems after win7 auto downloaded final update

This section is intended for non-Unreal posts. Forum rules apply.
Kajgue
Global Moderator

Computer problems after win7 auto downloaded final update

Post by Kajgue »

Hey all,

Just to inform people, I am without a properly(?) functioning machine for the time being. It seems the last win7 update which my system downloaded automatically has completely crippled my machine. The update originally caused me to receive a BSoD every time i reached the desktop, but I had been able to alleviate some of the issue in safe mode, it mainly only BSoD's now when running any game that's not in software mode (basicly any program that makes use of the GPU, it seems like).

From here on I'm basicly done with MacroShite products, and am going to migrate to linux (Debian) when i get my new machine. I don't really find it much of a coincidence that this happened at exactly the moment my computer received the final win7 update.

I have both heard of people experiencing odd problems after the last update, and also not. Any windows 7 users from here who had the last update cripple their computer in some way?
AKA - ( T : S : B ) Ice-Lizard
yrex .
OldUnreal Member

Re: Computer problems after win7 auto downloaded final update

Post by yrex . »

I'm glad Windows Update has been broken on my PCs for the last year or so.
My work | contact: ampoyrex at wp dot pl
Hyper
OldUnreal Member

Post by Hyper »

I got 4 Windows 7 machines, all got the updates, none got any issues besides scary messages about the end of support date.
The man who stopped a tsunami

http://www.hypercoop.tk
unreal://hypercoop.tk
BobIsUnreal
OldUnreal Member

Post by BobIsUnreal »

windows 10 is even "better" i unistalled video drivers to get this after i rebooted.
system restore fixed it, but i am still tring to wrap my head about how it booted to tell me it couldn't find a boot device.
TONI-M
OldUnreal Member

Post by TONI-M »

Probably the partition, the boot sector was ruined. and was restored by a utility that the system has. I'm a technician. Hello

TONI
yrex .
OldUnreal Member

Post by yrex . »

:(
Windows is :broken_heart_icon:

But it will restart for you. Just for you~~

Also here's a QR code so you can hump it with your smartphone's rounded edges and share it on facebook
Last edited by yrex . on Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My work | contact: ampoyrex at wp dot pl

Return to “Anything else ?”