For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

DC Movies

This section is intended for non-Unreal posts. Forum rules apply.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

DC Movies

Post by Leo T_C_K »

yea this is most likely going to drawn in evilgrins I am sure. But I'd like if someone else went to this discussion. I have to be honest with you, I am not much of a marvel fan at all except for a few things. I don't and didn't watch MCU movies. Not before it was called as such. Hell, even getting into Maguire Spiderman stuff was tough for me because I was used to the portayal of the 90s animated spider-man, which i often rewatched even as a teen. Unlike other cartoons it didn't make me feel I was childish for watching it. I suppose I liked more manly spiderman, but it seems like they made him less and less manly over the years...wheres muh manly spidey?

*cough* well....

over the past years i completely missed on any dc movies and i kind of slowly started to catch up. I know there were several hated ones too. Now that I watched most of them however..I don't think they were all that bad. Again I kind of fell victim for other people describing it to me and being influenced by this.

Like well, take a look at Wonder Woman 1984. It is a bit of a divisive movie and honestly I think the first part could be completely removed. It does have some continuity issues and at first it kind of felt like batman and robin if you get what I mean. But then the movie changes suddenly. I am not saying its one of the best films but its not such a disaster as I expected it to be. Some things that were cited as being nonsenses actually aren't on a second thought. Yes the technology doesn't work this and this way, but...this is magic we're talking about. there are a couple of lines in the movie that everyone missed obviously. That changes things up. Also...the reason Barbara got a second wish is...well first of all she could have renounced the wish and made a new one, but it is explained in a later scene where Max Lord says as he grants wishes, during the part where he "takes" stuff for himself he instead focuses one of the things on Barbara thus tricking the whole process. That's how she gets her metamorphosis in the end. It is not really a plot hole. Sometimes its really people not paying attention to details or few crucial lines of dialogue.

And that stuff about using other guy's body...first of all Diana didn't make that part of her wish and her love and everything blinds her to the full picture. And she keeps having second thoughts underneath too and any sexual stuff was implied at best, so why the outrage about supposed rape of the man Steve is practically posessing? Yeah I heard it being phrased like that. But...this is not Stargate Universe. there it was really bad especially the episode Earth, I wish they gave me those minutes of my life back lol. There it was disgusting and abusive. This is something completely else and there is no sex scene as such. Just what the hell is everyone smoking? Why did they criticize this while SGU was somehow ok?

I'm really surprised it is not that bad as everyone was saying. We're still fucking talking superhero movies. The movie's main flaws are some errors in continuity to the DCEU films but on itself it is actually not a bad film and it has some positive lessons within it too.

Return to “Anything else ?”