For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

RELEASE THE SNYDER CUT OF UNREAL II

This section is intended for non-Unreal posts. Forum rules apply.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

RELEASE THE SNYDER CUT OF UNREAL II

Post by Leo T_C_K »

LETS MAKE A CAMPAIGN A PETITION TO RELEASE THE SYNDERCUT OF UNREAL II I MEAN MIKE VERDU'S CUT

BUT IS HE ACTUALLY CUT? EITHER WAY...LETS DO IT NOW! GET TO THE CHOPPA!

In all seriousness though, Mike Verdu leaving did cause the entire game to fall out and Infogrames/Atari having more of their way.

INSTEAD OF JOSSTICE LEAGUE I MEAN UNREAL II TRHE JOSSTWAKENING JOSHENING

WE COUL HAVE GOT THE SYNDRE MIKE VERDU CUT!!11

EARLY 2002 IS WHERE ITS AT, THE GAME WAS BASICALLY COMPLETE.

MIKE VERDU IS ZACK SNYDER OF UNREAL UNIVERSE
Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Re: RELEASE THE SNYDER CUT OF UNREAL II

Post by Hellkeeper »

Take your meds and calm down.
You must construct additional pylons.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Hellkeeper wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:26 am Take your meds and calm down.
Reminder that the MV cut would have:
No concussion grenades.
Instead there were the Stasis Grenades that create those "bullet time" stasis fields were still there. (in the 2000 pre alpha that outright altered behaviors of the carifle in that it fired bullet projectiles inside it instead of trace fire)
The N were somehow featured and most likely the force behind the Tosc transformation.
The Striders were most likely cut during 2001 so the Striders wouldn't be happening unless they were restored from earlier builds.
Unfortunately details of the story or the ending was kept under wraps but the "MV cut" also contains Janus in its full glory with that other outside section being intact with the terrain (the one you briefly see on the atlantis holo). (and not to mention the Skaarj still played a role in the Janus mission just like in pre-alpha and in the alpha as there are skaarj corpses right after battle there)

And the "spider gun" was really like Joss Whedon doing something to the Leech Gun and changing it to what the previewers thought was a case with the laser gun (which previously got dubbed spider gun due to the reload anim)...
its just so...raw

So there are indeed parallels with Justice League. Dark Seid is missing from here too (The N or whatever force it was that was hinted at), that even had the Skaarj briefly join forces with you as an option. Yes, that was said to happen at least late 2001.
And you gotta bet that force was going to be really bad news for the skaarj to even consider temporary alliance.

I bet a lot of the corny dialogue is also missing in "MV CUT" just like..the dialogue in JOSSTICE LEAGUE.

Oh yea and the armored izarians were still a thing and were meant to have growable armor.

And of course not to mention the Shian which were kind of like the counterpart to the Drakk except organic and water/psionic based.

They were finished and the rigged models were even seen on hugh riley's site.

After Unreal II was released it was still at consideration to feature them in an expansion pack but apart from textures appearing in UII and different/other ones in U2XMP it was just not to be and anything further got canned and out of question when the [del]:FBI CIA:[/del] Atardi raided the Legend office and took everything with them.

Oh yea and not to forget the mindclaw was also finished (and better reportedly than the alpha/reconstructed one).
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

The Izarian Energy Rifle used to be called "Trident" at that point too and you could use it in multiple ways (and even reintroduced shockrifle behavior as another fire mode), most likely the u2 shockrifle gained the "shocklance" mesh which was still different so it seemed like changing ammo/firemodes as opposed to switching weapons.

But then DE seemed to also use the name "Trident" for the ut2 rocketlauncher afterwards and during "josstice" it was renamed...

but i really can't go on anymore now with my life. I'm fucking exhausted, this thread was created with the intention of being some light fun initially..but now I have no power to live anymore after today's shaking events. I just can't go on and anyone in my place would have been long dead so there goes that. I made some additional discovery, about a former unreal addon that got turned into another/different game that got cancelled, but it doesn't matter anymore. I will take it all to my grave. We could have had some really amazing stuff. Now that retard luke is out there to make sure even more people associate him with me and of course it scares away people, he just gets more and more retarded every year passes and he just fucks up all the communities he's touching.

fuck it all
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

https://www.linkedin.com/in/scott-snyder-b862a

It turns out one guy called Snyder did work on Unreal II.

That means...

RELASE TEH SNYDERCUT!!!!!!!!111111111
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Some unseen/hardly seen U2 Concept Art.

RELEASE THE MVERDU SNYDER CUT!!!!!!!!

btw this map does appear untextured in the U2XMP beta. And there is a small res screenshot of one part of this in existence. Plus it turned into XMP-Alcazar although with different direction. This is the mysterious Aliens Ruins map.

this is obviously a revised artwork for the expansion pack version that never came out. But I can also confirm that its the same map that appears in that interview with matthias worch at one point in the background.

why are the other images not displaying?
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Anyways. It turns out that Alien Ruins planet/Alcazar must be the homeworld of the Izarians, of all things. The Izarian design changed few times in the row in developement.

This is a screenshot containing most of the character models designed by the same team as did the UPak models. This was strictly for the UE1 version of the game.

There's like the UE1 version which is like UNREAL 1.5
then the MIKE VERDU SNYDER CUT
and finally the last phase JOSSREAL 2 the JOSSTENING

DEEPEST LORE
Unreal_2.jpg
Also....

Luke thought of that one guy as Billy Mays. But Milly Bays turned out to be Sean Connery
Sean.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Post by Hellkeeper »

I wonder if these egyptian dudes ended up inspiring the Anubans in UC/UT2 and the Nakhti in UC2.
Or judging, by the generally uninspired design, maybe everyone was shamelessly plagiarizing Stargate.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Hellkeeper wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:51 am I wonder if these egyptian dudes ended up inspiring the Anubans in UC/UT2 and the Nakhti in UC2.
Or judging, by the generally uninspired design, maybe everyone was shamelessly plagiarizing Stargate.
I think so, well this was thought up before UT2 but in turn the egyptian stuff got removed. I got it confirmed they were the very early Izarians though.
This is why Alcazar has those sarcophagi in it inside.

I was told the inspiration for early Unreal II was mostly Alien, Outland (that film with Sean Connery) and Stargate.

Imagine John Dalton being played by Sean Connery in another timeline...
Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Post by Hellkeeper »

Alien is very obvious in the drakk homeworld.
I guess the (dumb) shock lance makes sense if Izarians were supposed to be egyptian futuretech also. UC2 had nakhti characters using polearms.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Hellkeeper wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:53 pm Alien is very obvious in the drakk homeworld.
I guess the (dumb) shock lance makes sense if Izarians were supposed to be egyptian futuretech also. UC2 had nakhti characters using polearms.
Yea but the Izarians in the UE1 builds were obviously also allied with the Drakk for whatever reason and Skaarj at the same time. Though there was at one point supposed to be implemented a more complex story where you could choose yourself which factions you would side with and that would then take effects on the rest of the game I suppose including other alliances. Kind of like Deus Ex but even more complex. Its a fucking mess honestly knowing about all these scrapped phases.

The older Izarian rifle (called just Energy Rifle) and inspired by the cut Impaler weapon at first, had more of a Drakk-like design also so maybe the two civilizations were connected or the Izarians were the creators of the Drakk in the first place? In the released game the izarians are stated to have had an empire of their own at one point but then lost it and now are psychotic and take pride in bla bla bla...

there's so much missing/lost lore. Unfortunately a lot of people have forgotten and the original writers are not contactable.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

DOES IT EXIST?!
Snudercyt.png
Snudercyt2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Anything else ?”