For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Zeke Pass Away?

This section is intended for non-Unreal posts. Forum rules apply.
Oblivion[CW]
OldUnreal Member

Zeke Pass Away?

Post by Oblivion[CW] »

Was looking around an old Steam Unreal Group and saw Zeke had a bunch of RIP comments on his profile from 2020.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/zeke01
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Re: Zeke Pass Away?

Post by Leo T_C_K »

I honestly forgot if anyone told me. However for a long time he was my addversary for attacking my friends and he kind of stopped with it after I went overboard around 2008, but basically permanently driven off Unreal by someone else too(not going to say who or revisit this nasty period).

Now looking at his picture he kind of looks like an angry version of Luke Skywalker doesn't he? lol

No but really I guess he was mostly just kind of a

Oh no, suddenly my tab switched away while typing all the way to the end. He must have used FORCE.

OK chill Zeke I won't be talking further about this. rip
Matrix224
OldUnreal Member

Post by Matrix224 »

I did a little digging through groups / communities he admined in.
It sounds like this is unfortunately true.

https://wiki.bbroleplay.co.uk/Zeke

I never knew him that well, but may he rest in peace.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Did he really have such a change of heart when he left Unreal elsewhere? So to have mostly praise on him? I just find it impossible to believe but who knows.

I'm not going to talk about all the things he did, but well...more than a single person was affected by his actions. There are probably people who know what I'm talking about here.
Blu3Haz3
OldUnreal Member

Post by Blu3Haz3 »

Leo T_C_K wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:05 pm Did he really have such a change of heart when he left Unreal elsewhere? So to have mostly praise on him? I just find it impossible to believe but who knows.

I'm not going to talk about all the things he did, but well...more than a single person was affected by his actions. There are probably people who know what I'm talking about here.
Unreal in 2004-2008 was a shitshow of DDOSing and Server security rape, impersonations and defamation. And I remember Zeke being a pretty trustworthy person, but I think some people 'i won't name here' went around impersonating him and other friends to try and make us all kick and ban each other. I still remember him doing ZDEC\ZDEC2, and I thought he had made some interesting vehicle pack or something of the sort. Last I heard all of those years ago was he was working on a DeadCity2 version or had made his own version but with ZDec2 placed all around the map. And then he just vanished from the community and I had no idea where he went off to. Presumably got sick of the weird community drama. RIP.
Blu3Haz3
OldUnreal Member

Post by Blu3Haz3 »

Leo T_C_K wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:35 am Now looking at his picture he kind of looks like an angry version of Luke Skywalker doesn't he? lol

That is actually a character from 'Game of Thrones' named Tyrion Lannister lol. But good comparison still, he does resemble a little bit like Luke Skywalker. :D
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

ah yea well I don't really know that stuff that well. I forgot how he looked like irl even though I've seen it at one point. So it wasn't unthinkable he could start looking like that at one point.

But sorry I'm not buying that, it wasn't someone impersonating him, he did stuff also as an admin, just without provocation/reason started to use the mods that can overwrite your files by forcing a command, he wasn't the only one but the others usually had a reason rather than "I hate you; lol this is funny".

I ran servers and he was using the same IP adress to join my server as he was using to host his. There was no doubt it was the same guy all around.

Just because he made deadcity3 or whatever doesn't make him a saint. He also made "LeoTCK's Fag World" to defamate me. So no, I'm sorry but now I have to speak up.

One day he just came to my server in late 2004, trolled everyone by blocking movers, this was the time when gametypes in general didn't support measures against that, the usual stuff, shooting people from sunspire blocking with seeds etc. A lot of people did this so this is not that bad on itself(but it is very annoying). The bad thing came when he started to personally attack Wyrmeli (who at the time was admin on my server) and others and then started to have anti-semetic talk and worse. Stuff that would these days be too sensitive to post anywhere and would result in insta ban. And to top it off he started DDosing my server *which resulted in his permaban on my server*. I wanted to be friends with him and I remember he was friendly at first but he turned 180 degrees. On his own server he wasn't that bad at first. But it was like there was a nasty side to him that he sometimes didn't show or only showed elsewhere at first.

Some years later or maybe months I managed to talk to him about it and he was himself conflicted too, but the damage was done. I talked about the incident on hyper's forums and this made his friends including dante and pcube to jump on the bandwagon and even chase me around servers, putting up hate speech against me and what not on their individual websites. And maybe all his friends genuinenly trusted him that I was the one talking "shit about people" and what not. Sure, my english was bad and stuff but the facts still remain. He was the one who got all those people in row against me and was the defacto start of all the following unreal drama in the community. It all built on top of that. And only then came the real impersonations and what not.

I wish it was different.

He also ripped Kajgue's server content and started hosting it against his disagreement all while being rude about it too. It wasn't simply out of preservation effort or something. But this I would wave my hand over.
Jaden Darchon

Post by Jaden Darchon »

Once in a long while I'll hop on here to see if anything is up with Unreal. Just saw this thread and wanted to take a moment to pay respects.

This is sad news to hear. Oddly enough a few days ago, Zeke randomly came to mind. No doubt he was a controversial guy (yes coming from me I understand the irony) but I would like to say that there was a lot of positivity with Zeke behind the scenes. He'd often come up with all kinds of cool mod or map ideas and put a bunch of them into execution himself. There'd be a bunch of times where he'd hang around on our servers and even join in on TeamSpeak to shoot the breeze with Dante and myself, usually about mods and the like. He was quite diligent in keeping up his server & web presence "Nali Baba Land" which has a ton of awesome mods and a sizable client base.

RIP my dude. On behalf of our clan/group, thank you for the fun times. 🙏
-JD
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Well, for what its worth I never really saw you attack someone random, unlike him though. I suppose you were also a conflicted person but at least there were some clear reasons why and whenever you did something I did see a reason, even if it was twisted.

For all the bad things you might have done I am still willing to forgive you. Sadly with Zeke or Klingon_Zeke as I used to know him most of the time, there cannot be such closure ever now. In 2008 I did some fucked up things even if they started as a defense/and/or rebellion (and under influence of medicine often), though i never did the "hacking" part of things. I remember that year I became relentless against Zeke until he finally gave up and realised something. In that light it didn't feel entirely fair what happened to him afterwards as he kept to himself, but I had no part in it, in fact I even tried to stop it, but that event and more I guess had him not return to Unreal ever.

I wish that we just stayed friends instead from 2004 and none of the fights and nasty things happened.

I never saw you as my enemy though unlike him, even if there are/were things you did that hurt me.

And for a rather longer period of time even started to see you as a friend.

Hell in 2008 someone even tried to talk me into "destroying oldunreal" or something. It was all messed up. Or maybe that was few years later actually.
Hyper
OldUnreal Member

Post by Hyper »

I didn't know him well enough to remember, or my memory fails me. I've hosted a few of his mods.

Messages like this remind me how fragile (and precious) life is. And quite a few well-know Unreal community members were lost over the years. Most way too young, some to old age. I've lost my mom last year and a death has quite an impact. But let's not make this about me.

I don't really like the negative talk about him. Even if it is entirely true. Any bad behavior problems are solved now. And the person cannot defend himself or tell his side of the story. It may be cliché, but there is a reason why people usually say nothing but good about the dead.

Best wishes to his relatives and family with the loss. Yes, also cliché. But still nice to say.
The man who stopped a tsunami

http://www.hypercoop.tk
unreal://hypercoop.tk
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

There were posts about him on your old forums i think he even posted a few times before that. I believe one time you even had him banned too (but not for as much long as packleader or dante iirc). I tend to disagree, I mean just talking nice about the dead makes it unsincere. I mean outright denying something bad happened is even worse I'd say, or saying it was someone impersonating.

I also honestly don't think that Zeke would mind, especially if he had a change of heart somewhat, later on.

I also don't know if his family would read this, given how much time has passed until this reached the Unreal community I don't think so...
Hyper
OldUnreal Member

Post by Hyper »

Leo T_C_K wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:18 pm There were posts about him on your old forums i think he even posted a few times before that. I believe one time you even had him banned too (but not for as much long as packleader or dante iirc). I tend to disagree, I mean just talking nice about the dead makes it unsincere. I mean outright denying something bad happened is even worse I'd say, or saying it was someone impersonating.

I also honestly don't think that Zeke would mind, especially if he had a change of heart somewhat, later on.

I also don't know if his family would read this, given how much time has passed until this reached the Unreal community I don't think so...
I don't know. I'm certainly not denying bad behavior. And Zeke probably gets some advantage of the fact that everything is a long time ago and I simply don't remember. But I also by principle don't assume people are bad forever. People grow up. People change. (Klingon)Packleader is quite a good example. He was banned for ages at my server as he exploited anything he could find. Just to have some fun and get attention. Well, many years later my server was much better hardened against bad behavior. And I lifted any ban that was still active as there were many IP ranges of dynamic IP addresses in there. Just to catch one guy.

I hosted the Klingon and Wooper maps and one day Packleader joined my server, thanked me for hosting his maps and her sisters' and we had a nice play-through of the custom map server.

I had some experiences of a server running a malicious mod that allowed the admin to run "debug eatmem" and worse commands on the client. Could it have been Zeke? Perhaps not. I don't remember. But I loaded the cache file into a hex editor, edited out the bad commands, and added null aliases to any commands that I wanted to disable and rejoined. I probably got kicked or banned afterwards but the fun was all mine. And again, it was ages ago.

And yes, some people are bad forever no matter what. But I believe it is a small minority.
The man who stopped a tsunami

http://www.hypercoop.tk
unreal://hypercoop.tk
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Yes the debug eatmem and other stuff he was doing, including writing to logs(I mean writing logs to files thus overriding them on the hosts end, this had potentially fatal consequences, thankfuly this was one of the first things patched for 227 so it wasn't possible anymore), but he wasn't alone. Its just his targets were often random and without reason at all and he always targeted people I cared about too. I know about packleader, he bettered in years after and in general i never found him too big of a threat unlike some people.

that stuff was combatted multiple ways and even this site hosts some mod that does combat it. One of the ways was to edit it and then conform the package via ucc or so.

edit: I meant guest's end not hosts, what am i saying...

Return to “Anything else ?”