Links

Tutorials

Unreal Reference

Usermaps

borderline

Contact us:
Submit News
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic How many Beta and other sorts of versions are there of the UT Soundtrack? (Read 128 times)
marco95unreal

Oldunreal member

How many Beta and other sorts of versions are there of the UT Soundtrack?
Jan 6th, 2018 at 1:28am
Print Post  
I absolutely love the UT Soundtrack by Alexander Brandon and Michiel Van Den Bos.

Right now I am at ripping a new version of the soundtrack with the latest OpenMPT tool because I noticed that my rip I did a few years ago isn't as good as I thought. Some tracks have clicking and such issues. With OpenMPT the quality seems to be a lot higher.

Anyway, I noticed a lot of Beta tracks and extended versions on YouTube. How many are there? I have 3 right now being the FireBR, Razorback and the Main Title Beta tracks. Are there more? I wonder if there is a list of Beta and extended versions somewhere or does anybody know? Would be great to know! Hope anybody knows such stuff but I guess this forum is the best place to ask this.

I know that Unreal has a huge amount of Beta exclusive tracks. No idea if its the same for Tournament or not.

EDIT:
Well, I think I figured 2 actually legit extended versions out. An extended version of Botpack 9 with longer intro and then an extended version of the UT Beta title track. Those 2 seem to be actually legit cause they seem to include hidden patterns that are unused or something. I have no idea how to figure them out and extract them with OpenMPT though.

Beside of that my work goes marvelous. I am nearly done.
I am not sure about the original artists of Lock and Nether Animal though. Online you usually find Alexander Brandon and Michiel Van Den Bos credited but without any real proof. There was also Cannonade which was credited to Michiel Van Den Bos but actually it is made by Alexander Brandon. Found that info on a post made by Michiel Van Den Bos himself, therefore all wikis that list Michiel Van Den Bos as artist are WRONG.

Would still welcome any help in this direction. Smiley
« Last Edit: Jan 6th, 2018 at 9:29pm by marco95unreal »  

IP Logged

makemeunreal
Betatester

Unreal maniac

Re: How many Beta and other sorts of versions are there of the UT Soundtrack?
Reply #1 - Jan 20th, 2018 at 5:09pm
Print Post  
I'm going to break my oath but it hurts to see this topic being not addressed...

You can find a lot of information about the various pre-release UT builds here:
https://tcrf.net/Unreal_Tournament

Unused music:
https://tcrf.net/Unreal_Tournament#Unused_Music

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo