Links

Tutorials

Unreal Reference

Usermaps

borderline

Contact us:
Submit News
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Music Triggers (Read 141 times)
Barking Carrot

Oldunreal member

Music Triggers
Sep 12th, 2017 at 11:09pm
Print Post  
Hello. I would like to create a music trigger something like when you fight the first titan and the music changes, or when you enter the sunspire tower and the music changes. All help is appreciated.

IP Logged

secondattempt

Oldunreal member

Re: Music Triggers
Reply #1 - Sep 13th, 2017 at 4:07am
Print Post  
I don't think you are going to get much response asking for rudimentary functions of the unreal editor here.
From what I know there are instructions online for many different aspects of the unreal editor, maybe a cursory web search for them is in order.
I have no interest in the unreal editor at this time and I may be wrong but learning the fundamentals of the unreal editor is not a focus of this forum.
So as I can simply put it google and youtube offer instruction and tutorials, the software has been around nearly 2 decades and as such there is a large pool of information available about it that doesn't need to be disseminated here as it has been presented elsewhere.
In my opinion your enthusiasm justifies a response and my response is search for the information available that is present online, and not to be harsh but to direct you to what you seek.
The manual part of RTFM is already hashed out and present elsewhere online.
Also, I don't think you are going to get much response because your inquiries are fundamentally showing that you haven't researched the editor to any great extent.
Save your questions for specific problems you encounter after pursuing the tutorials and online instruction databases, problems that occur after you find some instruction but which aren't resolved by following the instructions and tutorials.
Maybe I am wrong but your lack of commentary about tutorials and online resources sends a red flag that every additional method that is commented on here will result on the dependence of people who they themselves have learned through existing databases of tutorials and instructions found online.
I hope you don't lose your enthusiasm but sometimes independent study is prudent.

YIM  
IP Logged

Barking Carrot

Oldunreal member

Reply #2 - Sep 13th, 2017 at 4:23am
Print Post  
Yeah uh please kys I asked a simple question after looking online for 10 minutes and you come in here like a complete douchebag and tell me to do research on an editor that has close to zero tutorials about it because its (almost) 20 years old.

IP Logged

BobIsUnreal
God Member

Guy who has too much time
invested to quit now

Reply #3 - Sep 13th, 2017 at 7:03am
Print Post  
pretty easy.
just goto actors > trigers >musicevent
place it somewhere.
edit the musicevent section to your track, etc

add a trigger of some kind , mover, trigger,pawnevent etc.
link the trigger to the musicevent, using the event/tag.

if you want the music to change after the moster dies, add a second music event, and link the event of the pawn, to the tag of the music event.

http://web.archive.org/web/20080707101200/http://unreal.gamedesign.net/tutorials...

[REM_img]http://i.imgur.com/V3OSsDu.gif.disable[/img]http://i.imgur.com/JOu38Gs.gif
IP Logged

Krull0r
Global Moderator
Betatester
Developer Team

227 Emitter Expert

Reply #4 - Sep 13th, 2017 at 7:52am
Print Post  
Please put your Unreal Editor related questions in the Unreal Editor boards Smiley
And keep asking. Its not that easy to find Unreal Engine 1 stuff in the Internet because Unreal Engine 4 stuff were spammed everywhere

The easiest way to lern the editor is to take a look in the original maps.

This is how I learned everything about Unreal's Editor without any manuals and internet connection.

IP Logged

gopostal
Betatester

Retired

Reply #5 - Sep 13th, 2017 at 12:23pm
Print Post  
It'll help of you add
-ue4 -ut4
at the end of your google searches. That will filter most of the unwanted content.

@secondattempt: Your last problem was solved literally by

We all need help sometimes. Don't belittle someone for asking for it.

I'm outta here. C ya!

IP Logged

secondattempt

Oldunreal member

Reply #6 - Sep 13th, 2017 at 10:03pm
Print Post  
the problem I had may have not been the result of setting the modem to factory default.
I literally found tutorials on the web for unreal editor
and I get called a douche bag because somebody refused to RTFM
yeah something as simple as using the editor is covered in detail on several sites but if you want to hold hands of the noob because it makes you feel good go for it.
like I said I am not certain the factory reset had anything to do with the issue I had with the browser not updating correctly
since when is RTFM an offense and what about flaming?
is that just too much to ask?

YIM  
IP Logged

Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Soulless Automaton

Reply #7 - Sep 14th, 2017 at 8:12am
Print Post  
Please remain polite.  We've spent more than a decade answering how to fix white viewports in UnrealEd, explaining how to use a trigger is not a problem at all. Being harsh to newbies is.

You must construct additional pylons.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo