Links

Tutorials

Unreal Reference

Usermaps

borderline

Contact us:
Submit News
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Doors and triggers. (Read 96 times)
Barking Carrot

Oldunreal member

Doors and triggers.
Sep 10th, 2017 at 1:51am
Print Post  
Okay, sorry if that I keep on making posts, but like I said earlier, I am a noob at Unreal Editor. So what I want to do is make a lever that you press and opens a locked door. The problem is that I utterly suck at the editor. Also, how would I make a door that opens when a pawn is near it? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Edit: I figured out how to make the doors, but I cannot seem to find a tutorial anywhere on levers and triggers.
« Last Edit: Sep 10th, 2017 at 6:19am by Barking Carrot »  

IP Logged

Krull0r
Global Moderator
Betatester
Developer Team

227 Emitter Expert

Re: Doors and triggers.
Reply #1 - Sep 10th, 2017 at 9:29am
Print Post  
Hello Smiley

Add a trigger actor to your map. Type in the event the Tag of the door.
Make sure that you change the state of the mover in object to: triggertoggle, teiggeropentimed or triggercontrol.

It's important to change the state of the mover if you don't do this the trigger will have no effect.

Every time the player touches the trigger the door will move.

IP Logged

gopostal
Betatester

Retired

Re: Doors and triggers.
Reply #2 - Sep 10th, 2017 at 9:32am
Print Post  
There's a really good dude named SmeerKat who is active on UT99.org and makes an ongoing editor series: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXRbp8N803A

You should subscribe to him and watch his videos. He's got an easy voice to listen to and he explains things well. If you have a ton of mapping questions you might consider UnrealSP or UT99.org as this forum tends to favor the scripting side of UEngine. There's also Discord, someone is hanging out in there most of the time and won't mind guiding you through a tough spot.

Stick with it. The learning curve is a little rough but once you understand what's up you can do some pretty cool things.

I'm outta here. C ya!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo