Links

Tutorials

Unreal Reference

Usermaps

borderline

Contact us:
Submit News
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Unreal advertisements (Read 214 times)
Kajgue
Global Moderator
Betatester

Super-sexy-Kung-Fu-H
obo-sunva-bitch

Unreal advertisements
Sep 2nd, 2017 at 9:51pm
Print Post  
Since makemeunreal mentioned in a recent thread on this same subforum about unreal related advertisements, it reminded me that a few years ago I was trying to put together a newer and more informative trailer for Unreal to invoke some new interest into the game and the community, as well as noting some of 227's new features and enhancements. In the trailer, I wanted to cover various crucial/key aspects to the game, starting with the game itself, following to user created experiences (custom content) and then leading to the easy to use development tools and content creation capabilities (along with featuring some of the new content creation capabilities of 227) and then cover both multiplayer and the friendly and hospitable community of the game.

Here was what I made so far:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2kxn3ahlf5kcbj1/UnrealCommunityTrailer.wmv?dl=0

Though I've lost some of the files necessary for the movie project since then, so I've had to redo it. I'd like to get the whole thing done, but as of now I'm having trouble managing my health issues at the same time as working on my Unreal project. This is how far i've come to redoing the thing =

https://www.dropbox.com/s/87fe06qrfhapyqh/Unreal%20Community%20Trailer%202.mp4?d...

I'd really appreciate if somebody felt like taking up the task of finishing it covering the things mentioned above (as i think those things are very important).

Here is the project folder for anybody who wants to take it up.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y7bj6kg3jt90mkc/UCT2%20Project%20folder.7z?dl=0

AKA - ( T : S : B ) Ice-Lizard

Whistleblower Ted Gunderson
IP Logged

makemeunreal
Betatester

Unreal maniac

Re: Unreal advertisements
Reply #1 - Sep 2nd, 2017 at 10:31pm
Print Post  
Thanks for your enthusiasm!

Nice work so far!
Such luck it didn't land in the bin, more people should do that with their unfisihed stuff which would mean more content.

Thanks again!

IP Logged

Barking Carrot

Oldunreal member

Reply #2 - Sep 3rd, 2017 at 3:41am
Print Post  
Nice work! It looks as if the footage shown was low quality and kind of laggy. If you would like, I could get some 1080p footage of gameplay for you. Reply if you would like to do so!

IP Logged

Kajgue
Global Moderator
Betatester

Super-sexy-Kung-Fu-H
obo-sunva-bitch

Reply #3 - Sep 3rd, 2017 at 8:25am
Print Post  
Barking Carrot wrote on Sep 3rd, 2017 at 3:41am:
Nice work! It looks as if the footage shown was low quality and kind of laggy. If you would like, I could get some 1080p footage of gameplay for you. Reply if you would like to do so!

Ah, awesome. If you could do that then that would be brilliant.

But yeah i agree the footage seen here is quite low quality, I had the problem of it lagging too much at higher qualities.

Thanks very much for the help dudes.

IP Logged

Kajgue
Global Moderator
Betatester

Super-sexy-Kung-Fu-H
obo-sunva-bitch

Reply #4 - Sep 7th, 2017 at 8:02pm
Print Post  
Hey again Barking Carrot, did you eventually take this up?

Really looking forward to seeing somebody getting further with this trailer (if that's what you meant anyway) than I did (especially at a higher resolution).

IP Logged

Hyper
Board Moderator
Betatester

It's Unreal.

Reply #5 - Sep 8th, 2017 at 12:12am
Print Post  
I don't really like these. They too much look like generic random gameplay footage without a story or message.

I still Prefer micro's Unreal Service movie:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWQN7GY2qqE

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that.
Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."

- Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.hypercoop.tk
unreal://hypercoop.tk
IP Logged

Kajgue
Global Moderator
Betatester

Super-sexy-Kung-Fu-H
obo-sunva-bitch

Reply #6 - Sep 8th, 2017 at 1:20am
Print Post  
The intention for the lack of message was originally just that Unreal's atmosphere/messages are meant to be more sublime rather than narrated verbally.

Even though I think that Micros trailer looks alright, I also think that when there is too much narration, or too many messages (from a narrators perspective), then that amount of holding the players hand has a tendency of thinning the atmosphere, including the sublimity which is very iconic and crucial to Unreal and it's exploration qualities. It's better for the trailer to 'allure' that there is more going on in a game/story, without just telling what this -more- is. That's why I avoided focusing too much on significant things which happen throughout the game, I did include flashes of the mothership, terraniux, nalicastle and stuff, though I made sure that they remained brief. It's better for the player who's playing it to discover the plot while playing the game (which the plot is part of) rather than having it all just 'explained' in the trailer.

IP Logged

gopostal
Betatester

Retired

Reply #7 - Sep 8th, 2017 at 1:58am
Print Post  
Preach K. I could not agree more. I *hate* it when people ruin their work by showing these long, lingering shots of the final levels. Don't do that! Let me experience it on my own. I want to be engaged, surprised, excited. Nothing screws it up more than knowing something is part of the map series and also knowing you haven't seen it yet.

Remember the flying cow in the trailer for the movie Twister? Wasn't in the movie. I waited the whole time to see that scene and it tainted my experience.

I'm outta here. C ya!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo