Links

Tutorials

Unreal Reference

Usermaps

borderline

Contact us:
Submit News
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic can't save because of "external link" (Read 215 times)
Ironword

Oldunreal member

can't save because of "external link"
Aug 16th, 2017 at 1:58am
Print Post  
I'm systematically working my way through a whole lot of custom SP levels. Am currently playing a map that won't save, even though there is no hint in-game that it can't. This doesn't happen in every map, but I'm about a month into my endeavor and have encountered this issue often enough that I figured I might as well ask if something can be done.

While playing, I save like normal, and the normal saved-game text is added to the saved-game menu. But when I subsequently attempt to load the saved game, I get the message "Can't find file '..\Save\Save0.usa'".

So I checked in Unreal.log, and find this entry for the attempt at saving:

Warning: Can't save ..\Save\Save0.usa: Graph is linked to external private object Palette NaliCast.Floor.Palette74

Is this a known issue, eg some kind of mismatch between the version of the game for which this older map was created, vs. 227i? And is there some kind of easy workaround other than going in Fly or invulnerability mode (in which case might as well not play bother playing)?

IP Logged

han
Global Moderator
Unreal Rendering Guru
Developer Team

Oldunreal member

Re: can't save because of "external link"
Reply #1 - Aug 16th, 2017 at 3:03am
Print Post  
Might be related to the Texture which was a Palette issue which popped up before.

HX on Mod DB. Revision on Steam.

IP Logged

Ironword

Oldunreal member

Reply #2 - Aug 16th, 2017 at 6:32am
Print Post  
I'm using the S3TC extreme-end textures--if I were to swap the old junky textures back in, might that do the trick? I could copy my Unreal install to another folder and have a non-S3TC install, if that would help.

Obviously I don't want to take the trouble if it won't do any good, though. Do you think there's a chance?

IP Logged

Ironword

Oldunreal member

Reply #3 - Aug 25th, 2017 at 7:03pm
Print Post  
Guess not.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo