Links

Tutorials

Unreal Reference

Usermaps

borderline

Contact us:
Submit News
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Unrealed 2.0 Camera Movement Bug (Read 176 times)
Worpend

Oldunreal member

Unrealed 2.0 Camera Movement Bug
Aug 8th, 2017 at 4:05am
Print Post  
*If this is the wrong sub-topic to discuss this problem feel free to relocate this post to the correct designation. Also if there is already a mentioned solution to this problem, please provide a source to the solution, thanks*

Hey, guys! Long time Unreal Tournament player of roughly 16 years, and I've been really wanting to start creating maps again for the game. I have a purchased copy on Steam as well as a copy on Gog, I don't imagine there will be much if any difference between the two sources in which I have the game acquired, but let me just get into my current problem with the editor.

I have managed to get the editor to run, but I have no control over the camera like I used to on my old computers. I cannot drag the camera or move the camera in any of the viewports, it's essentially just stuck on the default startup positions, though I can still right click to place actors and use any of the tool buttons on the left tool dock. I just literally have no control over the camera, which as you might imagine renders my map creating efforts useless. I'm currently using v451b as v451 won't even let me run the program. I have also tried running the editor in v436 and I can move the camera, but it's super bugged in the sense where the camera moves at an inconsistent and very fast speed. I'm familiar enough with the program to know that it's not a setting on the camera speed, it just kind of moves the way it wants very drastically, so I again don't have much control over the camera movement regardless of the version I'm running.

With that, I ask all of you if there is a way to edit the unrealed.ini file to fix this, or get some sort of .dll file to fix it, or maybe even just a specific version of the game? I'm running on Windows 10, and I have reason to believe that it's not directly related to Windows 10 seeing as one of my less impressive computers runs Windows 10 and I can run Unrealed 2.0 on that desktop just fine. It's just a huge inconvenience to use that computer seeing as my current rig is infinitely better, aside from the fact I can't seem to get the camera to work properly in Unrealed 2.0.

Rant over, I hope somebody has a solution to this, I can provide any additionally information necessary that may help get a lead on a solution to this. Thanks for reading this essay and a half, I look forward to a hopeful solution!

IP Logged

Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Soulless Automaton

Re: Unrealed 2.0 Camera Movement Bug
Reply #1 - Aug 8th, 2017 at 8:47am
Print Post  
First of all, 451 is a server patch and should not be used by players and mappers. Stick with 436.
As far as your problem is concercned, I've never encountered this. Are you using the Software renderer for the viewports?

You must construct additional pylons.
IP Logged

nogardilaref

Oldunreal member

Reply #2 - Aug 8th, 2017 at 4:25pm
Print Post  
Adding to the above, me and another user at ut99.org had problems with the camera itself which ended up being due to the scaling on high-DPI settings on Windows 10.

If your new rig has a high-density screen, this might be the reason.
You can disable it in the same place you set the compatibility mode in Windows, and it should be the middle checkbox at the bottom.

IP Logged

Smirftsch
Forum Administrator

Reply #3 - Aug 8th, 2017 at 4:38pm
Print Post  
nogardilaref wrote on Aug 8th, 2017 at 4:25pm:
Adding to the above, me and another user at ut99.org had problems with the camera itself which ended up being due to the scaling on high-DPI settings on Windows 10.

If your new rig has a high-density screen, this might be the reason.
You can disable it in the same place you set the compatibility mode in Windows, and it should be the middle checkbox at the bottom.

wohoo...is this a come back of some sort m8?

Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
WWWICQ  
IP Logged

makemeunreal
Betatester

Unreal maniac

Reply #4 - Aug 8th, 2017 at 7:23pm
Print Post  
It was me nogardrelief talked 'bout. Disablin' that DPI scalin' thingy stopped the driftin' issue.

IP Logged

Worpend

Oldunreal member

Reply #5 - Aug 9th, 2017 at 1:19am
Print Post  
Thank you all for the replies! Disabling the DPI in the software's compatibility was indeed the culprit as I use 1440p monitors opposed to the 1080p monitors on my older rigs. Basically just ignorance on my part when it comes to software compatibility, so thanks a bunch for that!

Also for the v451 patch, if I'm not mistaken a lot of the current servers require you to have this patch to play on them, right? So it seems since I have two copies of the game, I'll just keep my Steam UT99 at v451 to have access to all servers (correct me if I'm mistaken with this statement), and then use my GOG account for map editing.

But now that the problem is fixed, it's time to get back into map editing!  Cheesy

IP Logged

Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Soulless Automaton

Reply #6 - Aug 9th, 2017 at 8:44am
Print Post  
451 and 436 should be perfectly compatible.
436 is the last update by Epic Games.
451 is an unofficial patch made for servers. It brings nothing to players and mappers, breaks UnrealEd and several mods. It's designed to accept 436 clients.

You must construct additional pylons.
IP Logged

makemeunreal
Betatester

Unreal maniac

Reply #7 - Aug 9th, 2017 at 9:41pm
Print Post  
Worpend wrote on Aug 9th, 2017 at 1:19am:
Thank you all for the replies! Disabling the DPI in the software's compatibility was indeed the culprit as I use 1440p monitors opposed to the 1080p monitors on my older rigs. Basically just ignorance on my part when it comes to software compatibility, so thanks a bunch for that!

Also for the v451 patch, if I'm not mistaken a lot of the current servers require you to have this patch to play on them, right? So it seems since I have two copies of the game, I'll just keep my Steam UT99 at v451 to have access to all servers (correct me if I'm mistaken with this statement), and then use my GOG account for map editing.

But now that the problem is fixed, it's time to get back into map editing!  Cheesy

Let us know about the map you have in the works!

IP Logged

Worpend

Oldunreal member

Reply #8 - Aug 11th, 2017 at 6:52am
Print Post  
I'd be happy to share whatever I come up with! What I was working on roughly 5 years ago was taking the "Dead City 2" Monsterhunt map and turning it into my own little project where it utilizes the same zombie models the original creator scripted as well as the day/night cycle into a survival map. Basically the idea was to have a big skyscraper full of surprises, easter eggs leading to better guns/upgrades, plenty of zombie killing and a way to actually complete the map through a series of tasks that involve exploring multiple areas. I loved the zombie idea, but I always found it too easy to just skip everything and run all the way to the end of the map in the "Dead City" maps, so I wanted there to actually be more of a challenge to complete the map. Or if you wanted to, you can try to find all the easter eggs and just fend off the zombies as long as you can.

Basically just a map where you can have a couple of buddies, or even by yourself, and just go on a gorefest to destroy zombies and find multiple secrets to bigger and better weapons! So I'll probably rework what I have on that and actually finish it.  Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo