Links

Tutorials

Unreal Reference

Usermaps

borderline

Contact us:
Submit News
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic wonky physics (Read 204 times)
Ironword

Oldunreal member

wonky physics
Aug 3rd, 2017 at 8:14am
Print Post  
Every once in a while I fire up an Inf coop SP map just to run around and shoot stuff for a half-hour or so with the fabulous SCAR-H and SCAR-L models. Very sweet. But there's a major irritant. Although the INF physics work in all other respects, when a skaarjgunner or trooper or whatever shoots me with an asmd or rocket, I get blown sky-high, and I mean literally--a hundred feet or so in the air, and then of course I hit the ground, splat, dead. This can't be Inf physics; it's totally unrealistic. Is there some setting I inadvertantly tweaked in Infiltration.ini which I can undo?

Open maps with brutes and skaarj with weapons are basically unplayable because of this issue.

IP Logged

Smirftsch
Forum Administrator

Re: wonky physics
Reply #1 - Aug 3rd, 2017 at 9:41am
Print Post  
without checking I'd assume this was just not considered and is therefor not (correctly) implemented.

Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
WWWICQ  
IP Logged

Ironword

Oldunreal member

Re: wonky physics
Reply #2 - Aug 4th, 2017 at 7:26am
Print Post  
Yeah, you're probably right. Now that I think about it, the Inf team would only have been worried about the effects their own weapons would have, and they don't have the same types of explosives that are present with Unreal/UT weapons, so the issue probably never even arose.

Thx for the reply.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo