Submit News
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic G'day (Read 108 times)
Ekl Mortain

Oldunreal member

G'day
May 10th, 2017 at 6:26pm
Print Post  
Howdy. New to this forum. Old to the game. I never did much with modding n' such but maybe i might be remembered Tongue
I'm happy to see some old "faces" from back when i used to play.

My question though is what can i do about finding a multiplayer server. I didn't go searching through all of the forums to find an answer so i must apologize for being lazy and seeking the easy answer.
Also just so you know i looked at some of the solutions online and they do not seem to work for me.
Must i have 227i?

Cheers.
Ekl_Mortain

IP Logged

Kajgue
Global Moderator
Betatester

Super-sexy-Kung-Fu-H
obo-sunva-bitch

Re: G'day
Reply #1 - May 10th, 2017 at 10:44pm
Print Post  
Heya,

Since the gamespy shutdown, Unreals' masterserver was not backed up by Epic in any way, by installing the latest version of 227 (227i) it will automatically update the masterserver fields to link you to the new masterserver (there's more than one masterserver should you have trouble with any).

But, even though 227i is not necessary to still play unreal or access the new masterserver, it is pretty essential to have for the extensive range of fixes, optimizations, new features/tech + stuff, so I would definitely make sure your Unreal is updated to the latest available version.

227i for retail Unreal and 227i for Unreal Gold (which includes the anthology version) are both available, they can be found at the downloads page to the left, under the category of Unreal Patches > OldUnreals' new 227 patch

And welcome back to Unreal. Tongue

AKA - ( T : S : B ) Ice-Lizard

Whistleblower Ted Gunderson
IP Logged

Ekl Mortain

Oldunreal member

Re: G'day
Reply #2 - May 11th, 2017 at 6:47am
Print Post  
Cheers mate. Good to be back. Got sick of all the games that have come out over the years. they just lack quality that you'd expect. Old games are like old movies. Priceless, timeless and way better haha.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo