Links

Tutorials

Unreal Reference

Usermaps

borderline

Contact us:
Submit News
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic error winth old unreal 1 227i and windows 10 (Read 155 times)
willow31

Oldunreal member

error winth old unreal 1 227i and windows 10
Feb 13th, 2017 at 5:21pm
Print Post  
Since the last version of windows 10, I have this error

History: UFireTexture::ConstantTimeTick <- UTexture::Tick <- (FireTexture NALIFX.SHANEFX.TORCHES2) <- UTexture::Update <- URender:CheesyrawFrame <- URender:CheesyrawFrame <- URender:CheesyrawWorld <- UGameEngine:Cheesyraw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- Main Loop

I have seen in the FAQ
Every time i try to start the game, it starts, the screen goes black and then it crashes. Giving the error UFireTexture::ConstantTick<-UTexture::Tick<-(FireTexture NALIFX.SHANEFX.TORCHES2)

The fix is simple. Right-click on My Computer, Properties, Advanced, Performance Settings, Data Execution Prevention, select "Turn on for essential Windows programs and services only" or add a specific exception for Unreal. What exactly is causing this is unclear yet. Maybe because of the high amount of assembly code in fire.dll.

The problem is that if I a dd a specific exception, it doesn't work. I must select "Turn on for essential Windows programs and services only".

The other problem is that with an older windows 10 version (before anniversary), It works without any problem even with DPE.

anybody have the same problem?

IP Logged

Turboman.
God Member
Developer Team

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: error winth old unreal 1 227i and windows 10
Reply #1 - Feb 13th, 2017 at 9:12pm
Print Post  
I had the same problem before, and indeed it is related to DEP. Still strange that for you it used to work with DEP on, since I've never had it work with unreal since windows 7 and turning it off was my only option.

WWWICQ  
IP Logged

willow31

Oldunreal member

Re: error winth old unreal 1 227i and windows 10
Reply #2 - Feb 13th, 2017 at 10:06pm
Print Post  
Turboman. wrote on Feb 13th, 2017 at 9:12pm:
I had the same problem before, and indeed it is related to DEP. Still strange that for you it used to work with DEP on, since I've never had it work with unreal since windows 7 and turning it off was my only option.

I play also old unreal under windows7 and no need to turn off DEP. With old windows 10 version before anniversary same thing.
It's strange this ramdom comportment.

Like I don't want to turn off DEP for all software and if I decide in a next future to switch definitvely to windows 10, I hope that 227j will solve this problem.

Excuse me for my bad english.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo