Links

Tutorials

Unreal Reference

Usermaps

borderline

Contact us:
Submit News
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) GigaCache extracted files (Read 1802 times)
gopostal
Betatester

Retired

GigaCache extracted files
Apr 22nd, 2016 at 12:58am
Print Post  
I'm going to host a Sync folder and place all the exported material from the GigaCache. Here's my method and result:

-First I assembled as comprehensive a cache ini list as I could from every source I could find.
-I then ran that against the GigaCache (GC) and removed anything that matched.
-What was left I ran through some batch scripting to look for anything that could be opened against my now comprehensive test install.
-If it could be opened then I batchexported scripts, sounds, and textures.
-Currently I'm sharing via Sync all of the classes I could decompile.

This is the Sync link: LINKY
I have tons of textures and sounds but for now I'm just hosting the scripts so everyone can see what is in there. I still have a week or so of work so check back and let your folder Sync to get the latest stuff.

When I'm all done I'll add the WAY larger folders that have textures and sounds. I'll let you know before I do so you can drop from the Sync if you don't want that much sent to you.

**Personal Note**  Once this is done and sharing I'll be setting up to take the summer mostly off. I'm going to drop to a single coop server and it will likely only run on the weekends. I'm personally OK but I really need to deal with a leftover problem called 'cachexia'. I keep losing weight and muscle mass and my doc has told me I need to exercise as a way to try to arrest the losses. Strangely this syndrome does not respond to diet, you can't just 'eat more' to stop losing. It's way more involved but you can google it if you care. The point being is I need to step away and deal with this now before it's a much more pressing issue.

I'm outta here. C ya!

IP Logged

Carbon

Tinfoilus Illuminatus

Re: GigaCache extracted files
Reply #1 - Apr 23rd, 2016 at 12:05am
Print Post  
Hey mate. I spent some time reading about cachexia; tough stuff for sure, but you've come so far, so let's not lay down for this one. This isn't the place for too much personal stuff I suppose, but suffice it to say that if there is anything at all I can do, I will.

As for the cache stuff, it seems quite unimportant, so do whatever you need to, or not to with this. The files aren't going anywhere.

Thanks for the work so far and you know my email addy; use it if I can help.

IP Logged

gopostal
Betatester

Retired

Reply #2 - Apr 23rd, 2016 at 2:58am
Print Post  
I typed a paragraph explaining more but I think I'll just post a pic of me taken just now: (click alert, I look rough) http://imgur.com/95eRLAc
That'll pretty much show you where I'm at and why I need to take the summer off and deal with this. I feel like the dude from "Thinner".

Anyway I'll finish this extraction and host the material for anyone that wants it. There's a ton of neat things in here if you are interested.
« Last Edit: Apr 23rd, 2016 at 9:48am by gopostal »  

I'm outta here. C ya!

IP Logged

Carbon

Tinfoilus Illuminatus

Reply #3 - Apr 23rd, 2016 at 9:17am
Print Post  
The pic link seems to be broken somehow. Ugh....not sure what to say; even without seeing it, I can tell things are tough.

I know all of these "if I can help" lines seem trite, but you know I mean it and well....dang...if I weren't half a world away.

Yes, take the time you need but I - and many others here, I'm sure - would appreciate an update once and a while, when you can.

Stay strong mate.

IP Logged

gopostal
Betatester

Retired

Reply #4 - Apr 23rd, 2016 at 9:51am
Print Post  
It's fixed. I didn't check it, sorry. Hate to look at myself now so I didn't follow up making sure it copied fine. Yeah, I've come too far to let this be the thing that does me.

I'm outta here. C ya!

IP Logged

papercoffee

coffee addicted !!!

Reply #5 - Apr 23rd, 2016 at 7:27pm
Print Post  
I did read about the cachexia stuff...
Dude... please, take care of you.

IP Logged

Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Soulless Automaton

Reply #6 - Apr 23rd, 2016 at 7:49pm
Print Post  
Woah, friend, this is tough.
Take care of yourself. We're all counting on you.

You must construct additional pylons.
IP Logged

strategy-(DOG)-

-(DOG)-clan | Oldunreal

Reply #7 - Apr 23rd, 2016 at 9:16pm
Print Post  
take care buddy! seems to be a severe problem! Sad

IP Logged

Hyper
Board Moderator
Betatester

It's Unreal.

Reply #8 - Apr 23rd, 2016 at 9:58pm
Print Post  
Cachexia? Hm, never heard of. Is it caused by loads of cache?

Well, I searched for it. It seems to be serious and often caused by other diseases. Get well soon and be sure to stay in touch with your doctor.

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that.
Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."

- Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.hypercoop.tk
unreal://hypercoop.tk
IP Logged

gopostal
Betatester

Retired

Reply #9 - Apr 24th, 2016 at 1:08am
Print Post  
Thanks guys. It means tons to me for the support. It really, really does.

Just as an FYI I shut down my coop servers, the FTP, and teamspeak. The laptop that is hosting these sits in a DMZ outside my router and is constantly getting hammered by Russian, Korean, and Chinese IP's. They see the server ports open when they portscan and so are constantly trying to get access. For now I'm just going to shut them down. No big loss, it was just Bob and I jawing in the TS anyway. If you want any of my server files or if you want to copy the entire server to host one yourself just let me know. I plan on being back in the fall full-time once the rainy season gets here. Well, that or I die. I'm not sure which one I'd put money on just yet  Cheesy

I'll be around. Email me if you need anything. Also I have a paid-for redirect that a couple of people use. That's not going anywhere so just keep using all you want. There's room for a couple more servers if you need space. Drop me a mail if you do and we can work it out.

Oh, and I'll have the files all extracted by the end of the weekend if you join the Sync. I know a couple of others are working on recovering the files but at least you'll have access to the source stuff too with this. Peace out my brothers!

I'm outta here. C ya!

IP Logged

Carbon

Tinfoilus Illuminatus

Reply #10 - Apr 24th, 2016 at 1:16am
Print Post  
gopostal wrote on Apr 24th, 2016 at 1:08am:
Thanks I'm not sure which one I'd put money on just yet 

Well mine is going on your kicking some cachexiatic butt! Seriously, this problem has no idea the rough time it's in for with you.

Bash it around and we'll see you back here in no time.  Cool

IP Logged

gopostal
Betatester

Retired

Reply #11 - Apr 29th, 2016 at 12:25pm
Print Post  
Just an update...

This is taking longer than I wanted and I apologize. I've been trying to fit in a workout every evening and it's taking up what little free time I have. Anyway I'm about 3,000 files away from finishing. Here's the current stats of the Sync folder (contents/size on disk/number of files):

Classes- 50 MB    18,891 individual classes
Sounds- 676 MB    6,832 unique sounds
Textures- 1.87GB    33,800 unique textures

I haven't really taken the time to dig deeper than a surface scratch but there's enough content in this to keep a developer/mapper/content creator busy for years. How about when I get done with this I'll create a mega texture .utx and a mega sounds .uax of all this stuff and we will never have to upload another texture or sound for a map? hahaha...JK....kinda....

I'm outta here. C ya!

IP Logged

Carbon

Tinfoilus Illuminatus

Reply #12 - Apr 30th, 2016 at 12:52pm
Print Post  
No need to apologize mate! Great work and thanks! I noticed that your skins files (and a number of others) went missing somehow? They were there once and then not.

Anyhow, thanks again and take care.

IP Logged

gopostal
Betatester

Retired

Reply #13 - Apr 30th, 2016 at 1:48pm
Print Post  
I had put my personal files in there for you to get. I removed them as I thought you had gotten them already. I'd like to leave this as just gigacache files from here on out since there are others in the Sync. Let me get these done and I'll work out transferring all my personal work to you. I'll send you everything, all my unfinished source and projects, etc. I just need to make sure no other stuff is in there that I've tested for people or looked at. I'm really good at deleting as I go when I look at something but I want to double check it. It's probably as good a time as any to make sure all this crap goes to someone. Do you want the servers too? I put them up on the weekend (both are running today) but I wouldn't have an issue if someone else wants to run clones. Both are very stable and have a lot of custom script work built into them. In a weekend you could have your own versions up and running. I'll even toss in all the source code so you can deeply customize anything you want.

As for the extracted files I'm down to a little less than 900 to process. I should finish this tomorrow and the Sync will be complete. I'll leave a note in the Sync when I have no more to add.

I'm outta here. C ya!

IP Logged

Carbon

Tinfoilus Illuminatus

Reply #14 - Apr 30th, 2016 at 10:17pm
Print Post  
Throw anything in there mate. The servers.....well, I'm, not sure if I would make good use of them, but for backup purposes, if you like.

Great work on this stuff...some interesting stuff in there. Kind of like an odd museum, particularly the textures folder. Shocked

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo