Links

Tutorials

Unreal Reference

Usermaps

borderline

Contact us:
Submit News
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) XOpenGL OpenGL3 / OpenGL4 renderer for UnrealTournament (Read 27323 times)
Feralidragon

Re: XOpenGL OpenGL3 / OpenGL4 renderer for UnrealTournament
Reply #150 - Jan 20th, 2018 at 5:00pm
Print Post  
Smirftsch wrote on Jan 20th, 2018 at 4:32pm:
DarkFrag wrote on Jan 20th, 2018 at 1:35pm:
By the way another issue I have is that I'm getting kicked from servers regarding illegal renderer. Any idea if that's gonna be fixed in the future?

This is something which I can't influence from here, it's common to deny every unknown renderer to avoid possible cheating, since it's a good place to hide bot's or other hacks in. Those servers (or rather the admins of them) need to whitelist this renderer (and every following update then) for that. Hard to say if XOpenGL will become popular enough to be whitelisted in general in the UT community some day.

About the particular problem of overall awareness and distribution of renderers and other similar things, I am actually currently pretty much working towards creating a solution for that. Smiley

I made a post with my plans at ut99.org for the future concerning both UT99 and Unreal: https://ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=12684

It's a long term project, and I am still at the very beginning, so it's very early to say if something like this will really succeed or not, but for what it is worth, I do intend at the end of this to be able to provide a way to actually make the hard work of everyone to actually get known and used, and get used easily, such as having this renderer used and whitelisted in most servers at the very least, even upon updates.

It will take a long time to get there though, but I have been working on it pretty much everyday to try to make it happen, so only time will tell.

EDIT: Well, it seems that the current XOpenGL versions will be officially whitelisted, given that anth just posted this:
https://ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=12633&p=104754#p104754
So I guess this will no longer be a problem in the short term, nice. Cheesy
« Last Edit: Jan 21st, 2018 at 12:16am by Feralidragon »  
IP Logged

DarkFrag

Oldunreal member

Reply #151 - Jan 23rd, 2018 at 9:51pm
Print Post  
By the way another issue I have is that I'm getting kicked from servers regarding illegal renderer. Any idea if that's gonna be fixed in the future?

This is something which I can't influence from here, it's common to deny every unknown renderer to avoid possible cheating, since it's a good place to hide bot's or other hacks in. Those servers (or rather the admins of them) need to whitelist this renderer (and every following update then) for that. Hard to say if XOpenGL will become popular enough to be whitelisted in general in the UT community some day.

Got it. Hopefully it will! Thanks man.

IP Logged

DarkFrag

Oldunreal member

Reply #152 - Jan 23rd, 2018 at 9:54pm
Print Post  
Feralidragon wrote on Jan 20th, 2018 at 5:00pm:

About the particular problem of overall awareness and distribution of renderers and other similar things, I am actually currently pretty much working towards creating a solution for that. Smiley

I made a post with my plans at ut99.org for the future concerning both UT99 and Unreal: https://ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=12684

It's a long term project, and I am still at the very beginning, so it's very early to say if something like this will really succeed or not, but for what it is worth, I do intend at the end of this to be able to provide a way to actually make the hard work of everyone to actually get known and used, and get used easily, such as having this renderer used and whitelisted in most servers at the very least, even upon updates.

It will take a long time to get there though, but I have been working on it pretty much everyday to try to make it happen, so only time will tell.

EDIT: Well, it seems that the current XOpenGL versions will be officially whitelisted, given that anth just posted this:
https://ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=12633&p=104754#p104754
So I guess this will no longer be a problem in the short term, nice. Cheesy

Wow that's amazing man! Thanks a lot for all your hard work! Every old school UT99 player like myself appreciates it a ton Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo