Links

Tutorials

Unreal Reference

Usermaps

borderline

Contact us:
Submit News
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Is there any help in tracing down actor reference? (Read 447 times)
Kapn_Karnage

Oldunreal member

Is there any help in tracing down actor reference?
Dec 4th, 2015 at 3:40am
Print Post  
I have been trying to downsize and streamline a map I had posted on here awhile back. Took out a level I did not get permission to use and repaired stupid skybox. I have been trying to reduce package count and have been successful mostly. I have one problem that has haunted me for years with the original map when I first authored it. I had placed some serpentine items in it but removed them items long ago. The problem lies in a reference to something in the map that keeps the serpentine package included. There are absolutely no items or weapons within the map. The reference has to do with SU_Bots and I have no idea how to trace this reference down. Is there a way to trace something like this and eliminate it? I have removed serpentine from system file and tried to open map and it will not open. Any suggestions?

IP Logged

gopostal
Betatester

Retired

Re: Is there any help in tracing down actor reference?
Reply #1 - Dec 4th, 2015 at 4:44am
Print Post  
Look through the actor list (Edit>Search for actors) and see if there isn't one that's hidden or lost in the dead space. That happens to me all the time. I think I'm grabbing things and moving them without realizing it or not deleting everything when I remove sections. If the package loads with the map then you have an actor somewhere in there you need to find.

I'm outta here. C ya!

IP Logged

BobIsUnreal
God Member

Guy who has too much time
invested to quit now

Re: Is there any help in tracing down actor reference?
Reply #2 - Dec 4th, 2015 at 4:54am
Print Post  
You can try and export the entire map as t3d , then search the exported text for your dependency.
just search the t3d with noitpad for subots etc , it will show you exactly whats using it.

at that point you can choose to  either trace down the dependency manually ( wall texture ? ammo ? mesh /deco somplace?)
for items with a location , that easy.etc.

of go all out and export the map , and carefully re import it into a freshly open editor , with only the assests you want in the map.
note tho that 227 i j will open the assest as needed , so you need to keep a eye on that , or explicitly make them unavalible, ie rename them.

[REM_img]http://i.imgur.com/V3OSsDu.gif.disable[/img]http://i.imgur.com/JOu38Gs.gif
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo