Links

Tutorials

Unreal Reference

Usermaps

borderline

Contact us:
Submit News
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Extended Translator? (Or something like that...) (Read 1227 times)
Draken

Unreal Player

Extended Translator? (Or something like that...)
Sep 4th, 2014 at 5:14am
Print Post  
There was probably a thread asking for this somewhere, I tried searching but found nothing and I'm too lazy to dig through entire forums, so sorry if this upsets anyone. Anyway to the point...

Was/is/will there be a mod of some kind that adds any kind of translatorlike thing that has can display more than one page of text? I have this project I've been working on and I got to the part where I wanted to add a little background/story to it and I find one page of text insufficient (No, I'n not trying to create really TL;DR book of lore stuff) It would be nice to have more creative space even for journals found by the bodies.

If there isn't, how hard would it be to make something like that? I do not know uscript beyond making a modified stinger that shoots flak shells that spit out fireworks made out of dispersion pistol projectiles Tongue Taking it from hore, would I need to become a pro at uscript to make something like that is would it be a matter of making some non too extensive modifications to the default translator class?

IP Logged

Smirftsch
Forum Administrator

Re: Extended Translator? (Or something like that...)
Reply #1 - Sep 4th, 2014 at 6:34am
Print Post  
the search function (up left, not the quicksearch up right) should give sufficient results Tongue
Either way, there are some projects and the first which comes in my mind is firetrucks, which also contains a full replacement for the translator aside a lot of other useful extensions. I am not sure if it can do multiple pages though, but it offers a journal alike version with image support etc, so I suppose this will be no problem either.

http://www.oldunreal.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1370052740

Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
WWWICQ  
IP Logged

Draken

Unreal Player

Reply #2 - Sep 4th, 2014 at 6:42am
Print Post  
Smirftsch wrote on Sep 4th, 2014 at 6:34am:
the search function (up left, not the quicksearch up right) should give sufficient results Tongue
Either way, there are some projects and the first which comes in my mind is firetrucks, which also contains a full replacement for the translator aside a lot of other useful extensions. I am not sure if it can do multiple pages though, but it offers a journal alike version with image support etc, so I suppose this will be no problem either.

http://www.oldunreal.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1370052740

I feel dumb for not noticing that... perhaps those two should switch places... quicksearch is standing in the spotlight.
Anyway, that knowledge will prevent me from asking things that were asked before.

As for the link, thank you for quick response, it should be good, I'll check it out as soon as I'm able [Like when I wake up about 8 hours from now].

IP Logged

Smirftsch
Forum Administrator

Reply #3 - Sep 4th, 2014 at 8:55am
Print Post  
yeah quicksearch is pretty useless currently, sorry for that, but I didn't find the time yet to rewrite this.

Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
WWWICQ  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo