Links

Tutorials

Unreal Reference

Usermaps

borderline

Contact us:
Submit News
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic My attempt to remodel U1-weapons, in HD! (Read 2115 times)
UnrealWillNeverDie

Oldunreal member

My attempt to remodel U1-weapons, in HD!
Aug 21st, 2014 at 9:42am
Print Post  
So, I've taken a challenge, which is to remodel all unreal weapons in hd. Bad news is, I can't make textures. I either can't make animations. So if there's anyone here that can do any of those tasks, I'd be really friggin' grateful. Or then my models will be for pickups only...Also, not gonna put pics of the WIPs, too early yet.

When life gives you lemons, sell them.

IP Logged

gopostal
Betatester

Retired

Re: My attempt to remodel U1-weapons, in HD!
Reply #1 - Aug 21st, 2014 at 1:02pm
Print Post  
If you post good enough models they will get addressed. It all depends on the quality of work though and whether you post the source files to allow them to be easily animated. Few people will get on board though with a cold project stating a major goal and no proof-of-concept.

You'll get a lot more interest from people if you show the level of your work and also if you animate them yourself. Animated models will certainly get someone to code them but they have to be exceptional to get attention without.

I'm outta here. C ya!

IP Logged

Dr.Flay™

ChaosUT-333networks

Reply #2 - Aug 22nd, 2014 at 7:08am
Print Post  
Have you tried HD Weapons 227 by Shivaxi
http://www.unrealsp.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2629

IP Logged

UnrealWillNeverDie

Oldunreal member

Reply #3 - Aug 22nd, 2014 at 12:26pm
Print Post  
Yes I have tried the hd weapons (doesn't it come bundled in the 227 patch lol?) The effects like ASMD shockwave when it hits a surface, they are plenty awesome. But there's still the fact that the weapon models aren't that hd...And here's a screenshot, very early.

When life gives you lemons, sell them.

IP Logged

gopostal
Betatester

Retired

Reply #4 - Aug 22nd, 2014 at 2:01pm
Print Post  
If you remodel the weapons and follow the existing code structure for the animations then all you'd really need to do is change the frame calls and the model should work with very minimal changes. This means if you open the weapon in editor, look at the mesh and then jot down the animations for it, then ensure your new model has those anim frames you will nearly be done. All that gets decided after that is orientation and scale size so it looks right in the hand (takes about 10 minutes each). Standard code will need little tweaking from there on (maybe some adjustments to speed of the animations, etc.).

That's why animation is so important. It's a time consuming and difficult part of making weapons and not a lot of people are good at it or even want to do it.

I'm outta here. C ya!

IP Logged

BobIsUnreal
God Member

Guy who has too much time
invested to quit now

Reply #5 - Aug 22nd, 2014 at 7:31pm
Print Post  
do what qtit did for that swamp titan mod. extract the models frame by frame and use 3dmax or whatever it was to edit the models on the existing animations.

[REM_img]http://i.imgur.com/V3OSsDu.gif.disable[/img]http://i.imgur.com/JOu38Gs.gif
IP Logged

gopostal
Betatester

Retired

Reply #6 - Aug 22nd, 2014 at 10:58pm
Print Post  
Yeah, that was pretty awesome. I wish I knew how to do that, I swear I'd go wild...

I'm outta here. C ya!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo