Links

Tutorials

Unreal Reference

Usermaps

borderline

Contact us:
Submit News
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) NEWBIESPLAYGROUND.COM - COOP CONTEST 2013 (Read 25130 times)
[]KAOS[]Casey
Oldunreal MasterPoster

nedm

Re: NEWBIESPLAYGROUND.COM - COOP CONTEST 2013
Reply #45 - Jul 28th, 2013 at 3:52pm
Print Post  
Because posting legitimate criticism after the OP explicitly stated that they wanted opinions and getting dogpiled by knee-jerk reactions is clearly a Good vs Bad black and white situation..

It's not black and white.

IP Logged

AlCapowned

Oldunreal member

Reply #46 - Jul 28th, 2013 at 4:07pm
Print Post  
When are you going to realize that people would be more open to your opinions if you could voice them without being a prick about it? Your reaction to the contest was just as knee-jerking as any of the other reactions here.

Quote:
tl;dr: why bother?

Stuff like this is not going to make anyone want to listen to your opinions.

IP Logged

[]KAOS[]Casey
Oldunreal MasterPoster

nedm

Reply #47 - Jul 28th, 2013 at 4:31pm
Print Post  
AlCapowned wrote on Jul 28th, 2013 at 4:07pm:
When are you going to realize that people would be more open to your opinions if you could voice them without being a prick about it? Your reaction to the contest was just as knee-jerking as any of the other reactions here.

Quote:
tl;dr: why bother?

Stuff like this is not going to make anyone want to listen to your opinions. 

You clearly didn't read the rest of my posts.

IP Logged

Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Soulless Automaton

Reply #48 - Jul 28th, 2013 at 4:55pm
Print Post  
Calm down dudes

You must construct additional pylons.
IP Logged

William(Rainman)
God Member

Pancaking Skaarj Troopers
with the Cicada.

Reply #49 - Jul 28th, 2013 at 6:19pm
Print Post  
Hellkeeper wrote on Jul 28th, 2013 at 4:55pm:

Let GenericHero get his point across because i also doubt that AlCapowned read his entire posts i think Al just picked out a few lines read them than made a false judgment call without getting the entire story.

It's like reading the first page of a book then skipping to the end and saying that the book sucks even tho you didn't read the entire book.

IP Logged

strategy-(DOG)-

-(DOG)-clan | Oldunreal

Reply #50 - Aug 4th, 2013 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
COOP CONTEST 2013: last day and last chance to join the singleplayer events!! anyone out there who would like to participate? Smiley .... of course you can also attend the teamgames without playing on the singleplayer event!
cya on the NEWBIESPLAYGROUND CONTEST 2013 SERVERS! WOOF! WOOF!
check out www.newbiesplayground.com/contest2013/

IP Logged

Blu3Haz3

Oldunreal member

Reply #51 - Aug 6th, 2013 at 6:20am
Print Post  
Hey strategy, I apologize for not being there on the team game date... "August 5th", my dog passed away age 17.  I had to bury her in my backyard, and it was tough times with her having multiple strokes over night.  So it took the sleep and the patience out of me to play Unreal, so I hope there may be another day I can come on.  But I also don't know what team I am in, so if you could get me situated I'd be most thankful  Smiley

IP Logged

sweetfrog
Ex Member

Reply #52 - Aug 6th, 2013 at 8:14am
Print Post  
Hi,

i´m so sorry to hear that. i have 3 dogs and i can understand your situation. The Team Testgames startet yesterday and the servers are open for the testruns. Strategy is still the team together and then we can start the team contest in next time. The teams will be announced in the near future. You are welcome and we look forward to a fair contest. Smiley
If there any other questions you can send Strategy an email: admin@newbiesplayground.com

IP Logged

strategy-(DOG)-

-(DOG)-clan | Oldunreal

Reply #53 - Aug 6th, 2013 at 12:26pm
Print Post  
@blu3haz3 - sorry to hear that my friend! Sad
i will post afterwards about the teamgames....

IP Logged

strategy-(DOG)-

-(DOG)-clan | Oldunreal

Reply #54 - Aug 6th, 2013 at 1:17pm
Print Post  
COOP CONTEST 2013: FINAL ROUNDS!!!

this week, starting off the final rounds: COOP CONTEST 2013 TEAMGAMES!!
as you can see, the TEAMGAME-servers are prepared to play the 2 maps chosen for the teamgames: BLUFF EVERSMOKING and SKAARJ CASTLE!

the initial plan, how to set the teams together, probably won't work since i got various replies from players who either join the teamgame within a separated team although having attended the singleplayergames or just won't be able to attend the teamgames at all.... so we will come up with a "flexible" solution: "OPEN TEAMGAMES". we want the players to join primary this weekend, starting from friday, 9th to sunday 11th. 2 servers are prepared so that runs can be recorded simultaneously (if needed).
players either come up with their own team/clan of 5 players (clans for sure can join with more teams, but all teams need to consist of 5 players) to the server or we randomly unite players on the server to a team!
still everybody, no matter if he/she joined the singleplayer-games or not will be able to join the teamgames!

only 2 requirements each player joining the teamgames should fulfill:
1. each player should know the 2 maps at least that good, so that he/she knows how to find the end (a player who never played the maps before should practice first - testservers are available!!) or at least come up with a team that drags him/her through the map.
2. each player who wants to join the teamgame should be able to afford the time necessary to finish both maps in a row. Bluff Smoking should be possible to finish within 0,5 hrs average time and Skaarj Castle within 1,5 hrs. it would not help a team at all if players would drop off during the teamcontest due to lack of time, so please consider the time of your participation ....

rules:
- the players should join the COOP CONTEST 2013 TEAMGAME servers as spectator first (notice: if only spectators are on server, it will show an empty server, so try to join anyways)
- players will be selected to form a team - these players join the game as players, everybody else stay as spectator.
- the team will be able to communicate and discuss their strategy how to play the 2 maps for a few minutes. as soon as prepared, the map "Bluff" will be restarted and both maps will be run in a row.
- each team that joins the contest consists of 5 teammembers
- time will be taken as soon as all 5 team-members will reach the end of a map. "voteend" but being somewhere in the map won't be counted. admin will end the map and take a screenshot as soon as all 5 members reached the end (of course you don't need to jump down on skaarj castle map, just stay and wait there Wink )!
- scores: same as we set on the singleplayer-games: score = frags minus kills, but:
- fastest team on each map will gain 20 bonus points additionally

if there are clans/teams that might have time to do their run within this week, please send an email to: admin@newbiesplayground.com and we can set a date/time for your runs.
as for the weekend, it would be good if we could meet somewhen in between the timezones: 8 pm central european time will be early afternoon usa eastcoast... but i hope that players will be available whole day at least saturday and sunday...

well, if there are any questions unanswered, please let me know!!
good luck to all! have fun and cya online!! WOOF! WOOF!  Cheesy 
strategy-(DOG)-

IP Logged

strategy-(DOG)-

-(DOG)-clan | Oldunreal

Reply #55 - Aug 12th, 2013 at 3:36am
Print Post  
COOP CONTEST 2013 FINISHED!

well, after 2 weeks, we finished the last teamgame of the COOP CONTEST 2013. it was huge fun and nice to see quite some players joining this event.
unfortunately not all players attending the singleplayer matches were able to join the teamgames, so this fact probably distorts the results...

nevertheless, i'd like to thank all the players who joined this contest and all those people who supported this event! THANK YOU!!

WOOF! WOOF!
« Last Edit: Aug 12th, 2013 at 6:41am by strategy-(DOG)- »  
IP Logged

sweetfrog
Ex Member

Reply #56 - Aug 12th, 2013 at 7:48am
Print Post  
Thank all the dogs, especially Strategy for this contest.
At the last two weeks he worked very hard for this game and sacrificed his vacation for the players.
A lot of thanks for all the players and teams.

Hope all the players had fun und we can start a lot of contest in the next time. Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo