Links

Tutorials

Unreal Reference

Usermaps

borderline

Contact us:
Submit News
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) [227i+] UT map packs for Unreal (Read 18326 times)
.:..:
Oldunreal MasterPoster
Developer Team

[227i+] UT map packs for Unreal
Jul 20th, 2013 at 9:49am
Print Post  
I will try to post in this thread UT map packs that can be run in 227i (or later versions) using a specific setup.

Step 1: Install 227i.
Step 2: Download BotPack compiled for 227: www.klankaos.com/downloads/BotPack.rar
- For multiplayer online compatibility you also should download update version of the voicepacks (which are marked as downloadable for other clients): www.klankaos.com/downloads/BotPackVoices.rar
Step 3: Link paths to UT folders by editing Unreal.ini and add following lines (though you need to set them point to your UT directory):
Quote:
Paths=D:\UnrealTournament\System\*.u
Paths=..\..\UnrealTournament\Maps\*.unr
Paths=..\..\UnrealTournament\Textures\*.utx
Paths=..\..\UnrealTournament\Sounds\*.uax
Paths=..\..\UnrealTournament\Music\*.umx

Step 4: Download OldSkool for Unreal 227: http://www.klankaos.com/downloads/UOldSkool.rar
Now you are ready to play some UT in Unreal.

The following map packs should work:

I haven't tested more different map packs, but if you want to request more then go ahead.
« Last Edit: Sep 1st, 2014 at 2:46pm by .:..: »  

Shivaxi wrote on Jul 25th, 2013 at 12:50pm:
...and now im stuck trying to fix everything you broke for the next 227 release xD Tongue

(ಠ_ಠ)
ICQYIM  
IP Logged

Shivaxi
The One Who Wanted To Have A Special Title In Forum
Betatester

Loving Pie

Re: [227i+] UT map packs for Unreal
Reply #1 - Jul 20th, 2013 at 7:38pm
Print Post  
This sounds awesome.  However, there is no oldskool.u included in your link for the 227 oldskool version.  I havent tried yet, but Jet says none of the ut mappacks u posted are working as its asking for oldskool.u

ill try later when i get home from work monday

IP Logged

Oldunreal MasterPoster
Developer Team

Reply #2 - Jul 20th, 2013 at 7:57pm
Print Post  
Whoops, updated the link now to include that.

...and now im stuck trying to fix everything you broke for the next 227 release xD Tongue

(ಠ_ಠ)
ICQYIM  
IP Logged

BobIsUnreal
God Member

Guy who has too much time
invested to quit now

Reply #3 - Jul 21st, 2013 at 3:19pm
Print Post  

Log: 2275110.1ms Loading: Package NP13DrPest
Log: 2275172.1ms Loading: Package UTMenu
Log: 2275219.0ms Loading: Package UTServerAdmin
Log: Failed import: StrProperty StrProperty Engine.GameInfo.IPPolicies (file ..\System\Engine.u)
Warning: Failed to load 'UTServerAdmin': Can't find StrProperty in file 'StrProperty Engine.GameInfo.IPPolicies'
Warning: Failed to load 'UTMenu': Can't find StrProperty in file 'StrProperty Engine.GameInfo.IPPolicies'
Warning: Failed to load 'NP13DrPest': Can't find StrProperty in file 'StrProperty Engine.GameInfo.IPPolicies'
Warning: Failed to load 'Level None.MyLevel': Can't find StrProperty in file 'StrProperty Engine.GameInfo.IPPolicies'

[REM_img]http://i.imgur.com/V3OSsDu.gif.disable[/img]http://i.imgur.com/JOu38Gs.gif
IP Logged

Oldunreal MasterPoster
Developer Team

Reply #4 - Jul 21st, 2013 at 3:46pm
Print Post  
Ah forgot about that map, it used some UTMenu textures for some tablets. I solved that by saving the textures out of it only. So once again I updated the UOldSkool.rar file to contain that.

Hope that's all this time around.

(ಠ_ಠ)
ICQYIM  
IP Logged

NaPaliShore

Oldunreal member

Reply #5 - Jul 22nd, 2013 at 6:08am
Print Post  
.:..: wrote on Jul 20th, 2013 at 9:49am:
The following map packs should work:
  • Nali Chronicles
    Needs modified System file too: NCCodes.rar
    URL: NCIntro?Game=NaliChronicles.NCGameCoop
  • The Last Fortress
    You need modified map file: TheLastFortressFinal.rar
    URL: TheLastFortressFinal?Game=UnrealShare.CoopGame

This is all quite amazing!

I thought Nali Chronicles could only be played in Single Player - I didn't realize there was a coop gametype available for it! 

Would that coop gametype (from KlanKaos's NCCode.rar fle) work under regular UT with Oldskool Amp'd?  Or does it only work with the new UOldskool under 227i?  (I'd be interested to try it in both types of configuration.)

Also, I was wondering what kinds of modifications were made to the map of The Last Fortress that is found on KlanKaos's website - that is, how is it different from the version of the map that we can download from oldunreal.com/maps/utsingle/?

Thanks so much!

IP Logged

Oldunreal MasterPoster
Developer Team

Reply #6 - Jul 22nd, 2013 at 3:10pm
Print Post  
NaPaliShore wrote on Jul 22nd, 2013 at 6:08am:
Would that coop gametype (from KlanKaos's NCCode.rar fle) work under regular UT with Oldskool Amp'd?  Or does it only work with the new UOldskool under 227i?  (I'd be interested to try it in both types of configuration.)

Yeah I had to rework alot of the codework on the NC to work on coop. But no it wouldn't directly work in UT as it uses some Unreal codes that wont exactly work very well in UT multiplayer, although with some small work it could be made work in UT too.

NaPaliShore wrote on Jul 22nd, 2013 at 6:08am:
Also, I was wondering what kinds of modifications were made to the map of The Last Fortress that is found on KlanKaos's website - that is, how is it different from the version of the map that we can download from oldunreal.com/maps/utsingle/?

There were this artillery weapon embedded in level that caused missing function/variable error on load so I had to rewrite it a bit.

(ಠ_ಠ)
ICQYIM  
IP Logged

Shivaxi
Betatester

Loving Pie

Reply #7 - Jul 23rd, 2013 at 3:35am
Print Post  
Why are all the unreal weapons inverted like a mirror image of the mesh in your version of TheLastFortressFinal?  And aren't we supposed to start with UT weapons on that map?  not unreal weps?

IP Logged

Jet v4.3.5

YAGHSHIT

Reply #8 - Jul 23rd, 2013 at 4:34am
Print Post  
This looks like it's been a huge effort, and I just want to say that this is INCREDIBLY cool. It's nice to finally have something like this available; with the potential cross-platform projects on the horizon from Mister Prophet and Co., plus those from other people and teams, this will certainly be fantastic for people who might want to play these packs but who haven't yet or won't because of the previous UT dependencies. Having the option myself of playing what were UT-exclusive SP packs running in the Unreal game built specifically for single player is a solution to a rupture that took place back when Oldskool came out and most developers were using what was at the time a better option for their packs. Great work on this, .:..:'s!

I do have a few technical issues to help you out with debugging and improvement of your converted packages, plus a few extra questions:

• ONP Foostep Sounds package doesn't seem to be working in Operation Na Pali. I always found the custom texture-based footstep sounds in the three big packs (ONP, Xidia, and Seven Bullets) to add a nice touch to the aesthetics of each pack, but I'm not sure whether or not their lack of functionality was intended or simply a result of conversion (or could it possibly be reinstated through 227's footstep function?) If they could be put back in in some way, that's the way I would want to have it, but to your discretion.
  • Deja Vu gives me this error when attempting to start the first level:
    Code
    Select All
    Warning: Failed to load 'UMS': Can't find Function in file 'Function Engine.PlayerPawn.InitPlayerReplicationInfo'
    Warning: Failed to load 'USP-DejaScripts': Can't find Function in file 'Function Engine.PlayerPawn.InitPlayerReplicationInfo'
    Warning: Failed to load 'usp-01-hellscrag': Can't find Function in file 'Function Engine.PlayerPawn.InitPlayerReplicationInfo'
    Warning: Failed to load 'Level None.MyLevel': Can't find Function in file 'Function Engine.PlayerPawn.InitPlayerReplicationInfo' 

• Oldskool's configuration menus are inaccessible in 227 Unreal. Things like Autotaunt are enabled by default it seems, and in levels like TLF, they can be quite annoying. This also extends to the customization of Botpack's settings, as the ability to change the player's voice pack is currently nill.
  • One other thing related to the Botpack you're building this on top of in regards to the enhanced effects of some of the weapons: most if not all of these should be a configurable effect in a menu somewhere. One thing I'm noticing is that some of the effects appearing in the SP packs, namely the pulse gun in ONP, look a bit odd to me and to others with the new effects, but are nonetheless interesting to have available. I'm wondering if being able to switch between them for each weapon would be possible and if you think you would want to do it.
  • If you're planning on maintaining and improving upon these packages, I'm curious if you have any plans for converting Xidia and Seven Bullets's native code packages to make them available, they being two of the larger and more serious packs made for Unreal single player (with a sequel I might add). There are many features within Xidia's package(s) that are essentially copies from olextras.u for ONP, and Seven Bullets's package(s) include similar if not identical classes, plus other scripts and enhancements exclusive to the mod.

So yeah, this is already quite functional from what I've played, and I'm enjoying a proper replay of ONP thanks to your efforts.  Smiley

Shivaxi wrote on Jul 23rd, 2013 at 3:35am:
Why are all the unreal weapons inverted like a mirror image of the mesh in your version of TheLastFortressFinal?  And aren't we supposed to start with UT weapons on that map?  not unreal weps?

The weapons -I suppose they might be the Oldskool classes of U1's weapons- have always been Unreal's in TLF. The only extra weapon is the mortar-like launcher that the player and some of the enemies use. I'm not entirely sure why the weapons show up the way they do, but that's a good bug to note.

IP Logged

Reply #9 - Jul 23rd, 2013 at 12:25pm
Print Post  
Jet v4.3.5 wrote on Jul 23rd, 2013 at 4:34am:
  • One other thing related to the Botpack you're building this on top of in regards to the enhanced effects of some of the weapons: most if not all of these should be a configurable effect in a menu somewhere.

• Agreed. There should be way to have original UT weapons with their original effects.

Mirrored weapon bug seems to come from this:
    TournamentWeapon.uc
    Code
    Select All
    simulated final function vector CalcDrawOffsetClient( int Hand )
    {
    	local vector DrawOffset, WeaponBob;
    	local Pawn PawnOwner;

PawnOwner = Pawn(Owner);
    	if( PawnOwner==None )
    		return Location;
    	if( Hand==0 )
    	{
    		DrawOffset.X = Default.PlayerViewOffset.X * 0.88;
    		DrawOffset.Y = -0.2 * Default.PlayerViewOffset.Y;
    		DrawOffset.Z = Default.PlayerViewOffset.Z * 1.12;
    		DrawScale3D.Y = 1.f;
    	}
    	else
    	{
    		DrawOffset = Default.PlayerViewOffset;
    		DrawOffset.Y*=Hand;
    		if( RightHandedModel==None )
    			DrawScale3D.Y = Hand;
    	}
    	DrawOffset = (DrawOffset >> PawnOwner.ViewRotation);
    	DrawOffset += (PawnOwner.EyeHeight * vect(0,0,1));
    	WeaponBob = BobDamping * PawnOwner.WalkBob;
    	WeaponBob.Z = (0.45 + 0.55 * BobDamping) * PawnOwner.WalkBob.Z;
    	DrawOffset += WeaponBob;
    	return DrawOffset;
    }

fix: http://pastebin.com/0TAXNcxp

Also noticed that SniperRifle is misplaced by few units.
    fix (SniperRifle.uc): http://pastebin.com/31vsi3HX

Errors:
    USP-03-Naveed-LH
    Code
    Select All
    Log: Failed import: FloatProperty FloatProperty Engine.Teleporter.LastFired (file ..\System\Engine.u)
    Warning: Failed to load 'USP-03-Naveed-LH': Can't find FloatProperty in file 'FloatProperty Engine.Teleporter.LastFired'
    Warning: Failed to load 'Level None.MyLevel': Can't find FloatProperty in file 'FloatProperty Engine.Teleporter.LastFired'

USP-05-Jaunie-Frieza
    Code
    Select All
    Log: Failed import: StrProperty StrProperty Engine.GameInfo.IPPolicies (file ..\System\Engine.u)
    Warning: Failed to load 'UTServerAdmin': Can't find StrProperty in file 'StrProperty Engine.GameInfo.IPPolicies'
    Warning: Failed to load 'UTMenu': Can't find StrProperty in file 'StrProperty Engine.GameInfo.IPPolicies'
    Warning: Failed to load 'USP-05-Jaunie-Frieza': Can't find StrProperty in file 'StrProperty Engine.GameInfo.IPPolicies'
    Warning: Failed to load 'Level None.MyLevel': Can't find StrProperty in file 'StrProperty Engine.GameInfo.IPPolicies'

USP-16-MrProphet
    Code
    Select All
    Warning: Failed to load 'BlackDawn': Can't find file for package 'BlackDawn'
    Warning: Failed to load 'USP-16-MrProphet': Can't find file for package 'BlackDawn'
    Warning: Failed to load 'Level None.MyLevel': Can't find file for package 'BlackDawn'

IP Logged

Shivaxi
    Betatester

Loving Pie

Reply #10 - Jul 23rd, 2013 at 9:00pm
    Print Post  
    Yeah I'm not a fan of the new "enchancements" to the converted Botpack.  I'd rather play the original way it was meant to be.  It is a port afterall Tongue  An option to turn off the extras would be nice.

IP Logged

SteadZ

UMS Captain

Reply #11 - Jul 23rd, 2013 at 9:37pm
    Print Post  
    I think there should also be an option for the changing of spell books in NC too, as the walkbutton+spellcastbutton+move mouse is not very practical, and I don't really like it to be honest :/

IP Logged

Oldunreal MasterPoster
    Developer Team

Reply #12 - Jul 24th, 2013 at 1:04pm
    Print Post  
    SteadZ wrote on Jul 23rd, 2013 at 9:37pm:
    I think there should also be an option for the changing of spell books in NC too, as the walkbutton+spellcastbutton+move mouse is not very practical, and I don't really like it to be honest :/

The reason I made it like that is because in coop some random people might drop in and don't know of any of the required keybindings for spells, so at least this gives them a chance to change spells without too much hassle (I hate mods that require custom keybindings to be playable more than anything).

(ಠ_ಠ)
    ICQYIM  
    IP Logged

Shivaxi
    Betatester

Loving Pie

Reply #13 - Jul 25th, 2013 at 12:50pm
    Print Post  
    .:..: wrote on Jul 24th, 2013 at 1:04pm:
    SteadZ wrote on Jul 23rd, 2013 at 9:37pm:

The reason I made it like that is because in coop some random people might drop in and don't know of any of the required keybindings for spells, so at least this gives them a chance to change spells without too much hassle (I hate mods that require custom keybindings to be playable more than anything).

Yeah but it wasn't your mod.  You shouldn't go around changing things just because you don't like it.  It's not the way the original creator meant it to be, and not everyone shares your opinion.  This is exactly what you did with Botpack and its annoying -_-  You did this even worse with your Upak "fix"...and now im stuck trying to fix everything you broke for the next 227 release xD Tongue

IP Logged

SteadZ

UMS Captain

Reply #14 - Jul 25th, 2013 at 6:38pm
    Print Post  
    Like I said before, you should make these changes options so people can decide whether or not they want them.
    "The reason I made it like that is because in coop some random people might drop in and don't know of any of the required keybindings for spells, so at least this gives them a chance to change spells without too much hassle (I hate mods that require custom keybindings to be playable more than anything). "
    You say that not having custom keybinds is easier, and yet you make a complicated keybind to change spells... Plus the one you have made is not at all practical during fights.
    For example:
    Your Armour is running out in the middle of a fight but you are on the wrong spellbook, changing would not only slow you down (as the keybind includes the "walk" key) but it will also obscure your screen as it appears I large right in the centre.
    Some people may like it, but I just find it plain annoying. I may as well just play these packs in UT: I would rather choose fun gameplay over fancy-pants 227 enhancements anyday.
    SZ

PS-
    Could someone please do something about the AI in 227, because of the changes, many sequences in ONP (basically the whole of "Prisoned") are completely broken.
    Cheers.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
    Send TopicPrint
    Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo