Links

Tutorials

Unreal Reference

Usermaps

borderline

Contact us:
Submit News
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) unreal gold open-world remake. farcry 3 inspired. made in ut3 (Read 21552 times)
rich4231

Oldunreal member

unreal gold open-world remake. farcry 3 inspired. made in ut3
Apr 14th, 2013 at 9:54pm
Print Post  
Hello guys!! i have being an unreal fan for all my life. i played all the unreals and tournament. i have always wanted a remake of the original unreal ass i felt that there was always something unique about it and i have seen some decent remakes going on by sly and lord porksword. i have been looking around on the forums for quite some time now, and i believe it is time for me to make my own remake!! Smiley .
this remake will be based off of the original unreal and farcry 3, because it is going to be open world. in my remake of unreal you will start off in vortex rikers and you will make your way outside of the ship and there you will get that same feeling that you got when you first played unreal. you will be able to go to any location or land mark. as long as it is not blocked off (i will do this for the way into the badlands of napali where the only way you could get into the badlands where the mothership was is by going to napali heaven). this way i will still have somewhat of the orginal story. so pretty much the goal of the game is to get from vortex rikers to the mothership, but only you can go anywhere you like or take any path to get to the mothership. now since the game or remake will be open world it wil have survival element and rpg elements such as tasks and what not. you will do these tasks to gain things like guns and ammo and food and health to survive. now in the original game the skaarj ruled over the nali the same way vaas from farcry 3 ruled over the natives. you will be able to liberate the nali from the skaarj in certain areas. you can also attack skaarj mining facilities and bases.
now i wont be able to make everything on my own since i only have experience in ut3 and unreal editor 2.0. i will need help with scripts for a remake of the nali or a nali character and all the other characters from the original unreal such as skaarj titan slith. i may need help with making a food and drink mutator for the game. other than that i am good. so i will need help from the community to make this epic remake. please let people know about this project and get the word out.
i will be posting pictures of my project soon i hope you all will enjoy this and hopefully i can get it all done.
Grin just to let you all know it is a ut3 remake Grin

this will be the map that i am going to use and you can see just how large the world is going to be
the map was made by unpunished
« Last Edit: Apr 14th, 2013 at 11:32pm by rich4231 »  

IP Logged

スマイル・ドラゴン
Betatester

『smile。。。』

Re: unreal gold open-world remake. farcry 3 inspired
Reply #1 - Apr 14th, 2013 at 10:01pm
Print Post  
If Unreal didn't have it's hub level system hosed (which only partially worked properly in the leaked '98 beta) this would be a interesting project.

Legacy for UT99 has a non-linear system very similar to open world but I don't recall how it ever worked. (probably with specialized savegames)

I could help out with mutators for the Unreal 1 code base, but modeling and texture work is not my forte and never was. If you're serious about this project then all you need to do is ask, though I have other tasks to accomplish for other people at the moment.

I am the dragon without a name.
rk-__-ght.: / κυνικός Δράκων / スマイル・ドラゴン / Draco Nihil
IP Logged

rich4231

Oldunreal member

Reply #2 - Apr 14th, 2013 at 10:12pm
Print Post  
oh thanks but um i forgot to mention that it will be a ut3 remake

IP Logged

Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Soulless Automaton

Reply #3 - Apr 14th, 2013 at 10:14pm
Print Post  
Interesting concept. I didn't play FC3, but this is also reminescent of Stalker, with free roaming everywhere, but a central path to lead to the end of the game.

Good idea, but it is very ambitious. I'll wait to see if this takes off.

You must construct additional pylons.
IP Logged

スマイル・ドラゴン
Betatester

『smile。。。』

Reply #4 - Apr 14th, 2013 at 10:15pm
Print Post  
Well that goes beyond my scope. >.,=,.>

I took one look at the UT3 editor when I first got the game (collectors edition too), and I instantly was turned off by it. Hated the interface, and hated the whole "cooked packages" system... Was never even able to make a simple weapon mod in it without having to look up all these hoops you have to jump though.

A shame, I wish it were a Unreal 1 project though. Unreal 1 needs more original mods.

I am the dragon without a name.
rk-__-ght.: / κυνικός Δράκων / スマイル・ドラゴン / Draco Nihil
IP Logged

Sly.

Oldunreal member

Re: unreal gold open-world remake. farcry 3 inspired. made in ut3
Reply #5 - Apr 14th, 2013 at 11:23pm
Print Post  
Welcome to old Unreal, rich4231!

I wish you good luck with your remake, the idea is good. The project will probably take a lot of time, but I'm sure the results will be great.
I was confronted with that at some point too, but as I wanted to make a faithful remake, I decided to stick with the level-system of Unreal. Glad to see someone wants to realize it!
I'm curious how it will turn out and am eager to see your first screenshots, especially how it will look like design-wise! Smiley

IP Logged

William(Rainman)
God Member

Pancaking Skaarj Troopers
with the Cicada.

Reply #6 - Apr 15th, 2013 at 12:37am
Print Post  
Never played Far Cry 3 only Fallout 3 and Elder Scrolls and I do like FPS Sandbox Games. Can't wait to see the Full Map with all Locations. Hopefully you will beable to Free Roam back and Forth throught out the Land. Also Vehicles like Skaarj Shuttles would be Interesting, maybe some Side Quests.

IP Logged

rich4231

Oldunreal member

Reply #7 - Apr 15th, 2013 at 1:01am
Print Post  
thats the plan i am working on the terrain for the map as we speak but the shaarj jet i will need to have some one make it for me cause i dont know a thing about unreal script or any modeling tools

IP Logged

William(Rainman)
God Member

with the Cicada.

Reply #8 - Apr 15th, 2013 at 1:10am
Print Post  
rich4231 wrote on Apr 15th, 2013 at 1:01am:
thats the plan i am working on the terrain for the map as we speak but the shaarj jet i will need to have some one make it for me cause i dont know a thing about unreal script or any modeling tools

Are you going to work on the World Map? because a Few Locations are missing from the World Map.

IP Logged

Sly.

Oldunreal member

Reply #9 - Apr 15th, 2013 at 1:18am
Print Post  
About how big (in Unreal Units) do you plan to make each province?
And William's question interests me too. Do you use this map just as a base for your project with artistic freedom (and thus the freedom to add certain locations) or do you plan to stick to it as it is?

IP Logged

rich4231

Oldunreal member

Reply #10 - Apr 15th, 2013 at 1:38am
Print Post  
yes the map is not complete it just shows basic landmarks but i will be sure to add all the maps from ue1 and more. i dont think i can even give a rough estimate right now but if i were to say how big the map is its going to be s big as much as the ue3 can handle or till i hit the barrier points on the editor

IP Logged

Lord_Porksword

Oldunreal member

Reply #11 - Apr 15th, 2013 at 6:41am
Print Post  
Sounds very interesting rich!
Looking forward to seeing how this progresses.

IP Logged

SteadZ

UMS Captain

Reply #12 - Apr 15th, 2013 at 5:50pm
Print Post  
This sounds like a great idea Smiley
As much as I would love to help I-
1) am too busy with other projects including my own
2) don't have UT3 Sad

But I wish you the best with this project, and hope that people here on Oldunreal help you with it.

Oh, and remember, never give up!
CC

IP Logged

rich4231

Oldunreal member

Reply #13 - Apr 15th, 2013 at 9:49pm
Print Post  
Cheesy i will be posting screenshots later tonight get ready and give advice on what you think Grin

IP Logged

William(Rainman)
God Member

with the Cicada.

Reply #14 - Apr 16th, 2013 at 1:56am
Print Post  
rich4231 wrote on Apr 15th, 2013 at 9:49pm:
Cheesy i will be posting screenshots later tonight get ready and give advice on what you think Grin

I'm ready for some Screenies Sir.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo