Links

Tutorials

Unreal Reference

Usermaps

borderline

Contact us:
Submit News
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Ultra High Settings for Best Graphics (Read 6620 times)
shoober420
Betatester

Ultra High Settings for Best Graphics
Jul 16th, 2012 at 5:08pm
Print Post  
Theres alot of these topics floating around the internet, but I thought it would be best to ask here since everyone here is very educated about the Unreal engine. I'm trying to make Unreal look the best it can without adding mods or new textures. Here are my settings, can someone look through them and see if I can tweak them anymore to get better visuals?

Code
Select All
[OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice]
Translucency=True
VolumetricLighting=True
ShinySurfaces=True
Coronas=True
HighDetailActors=True
DetailTextures=True
FullMeshRendering=True
ZRangeHack=True
NoAATiles=False
NumAASamples=0
UseAA=False
RequestHighResolutionZ=True
MaskedTextureHack=True
SmoothMaskedTextures=False
FrameRateLimit=150
SwapInterval=0
UseFragmentProgram=False
UseVertexProgram=False
UseCVA=False
UseMultiDrawArrays=True
TexDXT1ToDXT3=False
DynamicTexIdRecycleLevel=100
CacheStaticMaps=True
UseTexPool=True
UseTexIdPool=True
UseSSE2=True
UseSSE=True
BufferTileQuads=False
BufferClippedActorTris=False
SinglePassDetail=False
SinglePassFog=False
ColorizeDetailTextures=False
DetailClipping=False
UseDetailAlpha=True
DetailMax=4
RefreshRate=75
MaxTMUnits=0
NoFiltering=False
NoMaskedS3TC=False
MaxAnisotropy=16
UseTNT=False
Use16BitTextures=False
UseS3TC=True
UseAlphaPalette=True
AutoGenerateMipmaps=False
UseTrilinear=True
UsePrecache=False
DoPrecache=1
AlwaysMipmap=True
ShareLists=True
UsePalette=True
UseMultiTexture=True
UseBGRATextures=True
UseZTrick=False
MaxLogTextureSize=14
MinLogTextureSize=2
MaxLogUOverV=14
MaxLogVOverU=14
OneXBlending=False
GammaCorrectScreenshots=True
GammaOffsetBlue=0.000000
GammaOffsetGreen=0.000000
GammaOffsetRed=0.000000
GammaOffset=0.000000
LODBias=-3.000000
DescFlags=0
Description=
SceneNodeHack=True
UseHardwareClipping=True 

« Last Edit: Jul 19th, 2012 at 7:42pm by shoober420 »  

IP Logged

Smirftsch
Forum Administrator

Re: Ultra High Settings for Best Graphics
Reply #1 - Jul 16th, 2012 at 6:43pm
Print Post  
except the options you explicitly don't want like the high res textures and AA wouldn't know what to improve.
DetailMax usually doesn't need to be higher than 2 and for Anisotropy I didn't notice any visual change anymore if higher than 5 (but may depend on graphics card).
Some settings depend on personal preferences though, such as OneXBlending which could be set to True if you prefer the washed out colors.

Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
WWWICQ  
IP Logged

GreatEmerald
Oldunreal MasterPoster

The Great Emerald

Reply #2 - Jul 16th, 2012 at 7:55pm
Print Post  
Indeed, all the settings that matter already seem to be set to high detail there. So you're good. You can also post that to the wiki while you're at it.

IP Logged

deathstalker666

Let us not get rediculous
in this matter...

Reply #3 - Jul 16th, 2012 at 11:59pm
Print Post  
LODBias as 2? That seems to make the world more blurry, whilst at zero it looks very detailed (I have otherwise similar settings for opengl).

Also, one of the settings (I don't know what, I probably should have backed up the original settings) causes the water to shake a lot compared to the fluidness seen in the original game. It also looks kinda fuzzy.

I use Emerald's conversion of Nyleve's Falls btw, but with these settings the shading from the sun (the pixelated movement) has disappeared completely. Really strange (I think this might be my catchphrase, I always find odd things apparently)

ABCDEFGHOWPALAI... oh wait, there was a x in there somewhere. Can I start over officer?

IP Logged

William(Rainman)
God Member

Pancaking Skaarj Troopers
with the Cicada.

Reply #4 - Jul 17th, 2012 at 2:52am
Print Post  
i don't use OpenGL I'm currently running D3D9.

IP Logged

shoober420
Betatester

Reply #5 - Jul 17th, 2012 at 3:43am
Print Post  
Smirftsch wrote on Jul 16th, 2012 at 6:43pm:
except the options you explicitly don't want like the high res textures and AA wouldn't know what to improve.
DetailMax usually doesn't need to be higher than 2 and for Anisotropy I didn't notice any visual change anymore if higher than 5 (but may depend on graphics card).
Some settings depend on personal preferences though, such as OneXBlending which could be set to True if you prefer the washed out colors.

Okay cool, I'm glad all my searching about Unreal tweaking didn't go to waste lol. I will add an asterisk (*) to the commands that are personal preference, like AA and VSync.

GreatEmerald wrote on Jul 16th, 2012 at 7:55pm:
Indeed, all the settings that matter already seem to be set to high detail there. So you're good. You can also post that to the wiki while you're at it.

I didn't even know there was a INI wiki page, that is really neat. I found some other ultra high configurations and will add some settings from them to mine so it will be the most epic config lol. I'll post it on the wiki ASAP.

deathstalker666 wrote on Jul 16th, 2012 at 11:59pm:
LODBias as 2? That seems to make the world more blurry, whilst at zero it looks very detailed (I have otherwise similar settings for opengl).

Also, one of the settings (I don't know what, I probably should have backed up the original settings) causes the water to shake a lot compared to the fluidness seen in the original game. It also looks kinda fuzzy.

I use Emerald's conversion of Nyleve's Falls btw, but with these settings the shading from the sun (the pixelated movement) has disappeared completely. Really strange (I think this might be my catchphrase, I always find odd things apparently)

If you look closely, the LODBias is set to -2. Its a little tricky to see next to that =. About the water, I really hope you can remember what setting it was. Please post back if you have the slightest clue as to which setting it could be, but I will tweak the settings and look at the water for now lol. I hope its not multiple commands that make the water higher quality or I will be staring at water for a long time lol. Could you elaborate on the sun shading? I'm not sure what you meen. Try ShareLists=False and CacheStaticMaps=False and see if that fixes it.

William(Rainman) wrote on Jul 17th, 2012 at 2:52am:
i don't use OpenGL I'm currently running D3D9.

I highly recommend OpenGL over D3D. You're missing out on the OpenGL awesomeness. Its like a completely different world with OpenGL.
« Last Edit: Jul 17th, 2012 at 8:55pm by shoober420 »  

IP Logged

William(Rainman)
God Member

with the Cicada.

Reply #6 - Jul 17th, 2012 at 4:05am
Print Post  
Quote:
I highly recommend OpenGL over D3D. You're missing out on the OpenGL awesomeness. Its like a completely different world with OpenGL.

What kind of Differences, plus I'm using a AMD Video Card does it make a Difference?

IP Logged

shoober420
Betatester

Reply #7 - Jul 17th, 2012 at 4:16am
Print Post  
William(Rainman) wrote on Jul 17th, 2012 at 4:05am:
What kind of Differences, plus I'm using a AMD Video Card does it make a Difference?

Well IMO, OpenGL is sharper then D3D. It also has better performance and is less laggy compared to D3D. Everytime I use D3D in any game I can feel this sort of mouse lag. It feels like the mouse lag you get with VSync ON. When you say AMD Video Card, do you meen an ATI card? Because I have an ATI card and its not giving me problems. But I do prefer NVidia cards since I've owned both.
« Last Edit: Jul 17th, 2012 at 6:14am by shoober420 »  

IP Logged

deathstalker666

in this matter...

Reply #8 - Jul 17th, 2012 at 4:22am
Print Post  
I originally thought it didn't make a difference (I started with Direct3D9) but after changing the settings I am pretty impressed. I like the palettes and such. I think OpenGl is more unstable however (Maybe this fixed it, but before I got a lot of crashes about virtual memory, my caches were smaller and such.) Now if we can figure out the water problem it will be grand! 

Turns out I have one from before I did the switches but after I set it up my way. Back then water looked pretty good and everything worked fine, but palettes and stuff weren't as good. Going to try to see what changed and what happens one at a time now. I will post back when I figure out the issue.

I am using a GeForce GT 430 (not sure if that should be an issue on older games such as Unreal).

ABCDEFGHOWPALAI... oh wait, there was a x in there somewhere. Can I start over officer?

IP Logged

William(Rainman)
God Member

with the Cicada.

Reply #9 - Jul 17th, 2012 at 4:23am
Print Post  
Quote:
Well IMO, OpenGL is sharper then D3D. It also is faster and less laggy compared to D3D. Everytime I use D3D in any game I can feel this sort of mouse lag. It feels like the mouse lag you get with VSync ON. When you say AMD Video Card, do you meen an ATI card? Because I have an ATI card and its not giving me problems. But I do prefer NVidia cards since I've owned both.

Yessir ATI and for some reason Dynamic Lighting is giving me some partial Lag and i don't want to turn Dynamic Lighting off because my Flashlight and Flares don't work if i do.

IP Logged

deathstalker666

in this matter...

Reply #10 - Jul 17th, 2012 at 4:27am
Print Post  
Hmm, this is odd. Even my original settings had the issue. Changing to Direct3d9 didn't solve it either. Apparently this has been around and I never noticed it (check out DmBeyondtheSun, the pool looks kinda fuzzy when up close). Must have never looked at water that much before.

IP Logged

shoober420
Betatester

Reply #11 - Jul 17th, 2012 at 4:32am
Print Post  
deathstalker666 wrote on Jul 17th, 2012 at 4:27am:
Hmm, this is odd. Even my original settings had the issue. Changing to Direct3d9 didn't solve it either. Apparently this has been around and I never noticed it (check out DmBeyondtheSun, the pool looks kinda fuzzy when up close). Must have never looked at water that much before.

Maybe we should pick a map and take a picture of the water and compare. Could you even post a screenshot of how the water should look instead of all fuzzy so I can have a good reference to go by?

William(Rainman) wrote on Jul 17th, 2012 at 4:23am:
[quote]
Yessir ATI and for some reason Dynamic Lighting is giving me some partial Lag and i don't want to turn Dynamic Lighting off because my Flashlight and Flares don't work if i do.

Try and switch to OpenGL and see if it gets laggy around dynamic lights still.

IP Logged

William(Rainman)
God Member

with the Cicada.

Reply #12 - Jul 17th, 2012 at 4:35am
Print Post  
shoober420 wrote on Jul 17th, 2012 at 4:32am:
William(Rainman) wrote on Jul 17th, 2012 at 4:23am:
[quote]

Try and switch to OpenGL and see if it gets laggy around dynamic lights still.

I'm using ATI Radeon HD 5670.

IP Logged

deathstalker666

in this matter...

Reply #13 - Jul 17th, 2012 at 4:36am
Print Post  
Okay, I played around a bit looking at the two. While both are similar the settings you have definitely make it worse (more unstable, the water moves extremely fast, mine is more like waves). Time to figure out what setting causes that.

Also, screenshots won't work. Fuzziness seems to remain and be an affect of the water.

IP Logged

shoober420
Betatester

Reply #14 - Jul 17th, 2012 at 4:38am
Print Post  
deathstalker666 wrote on Jul 17th, 2012 at 4:36am:
Okay, I played around a bit looking at the two. While both are similar the settings you have definitely make it worse (more unstable, the water moves extremely fast, mine is more like waves). Time to figure out what setting causes that.

Could you tell me what map you're testing on and what area the water is?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo