Links

Tutorials

Unreal Reference

Usermaps

borderline

Contact us:
Submit News
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic OpenGL 3.7 for Unreal request (Read 5355 times)
gerhard

Oldunreal member

OpenGL 3.7 for Unreal request
Sep 7th, 2010 at 4:33pm
Print Post  
Hi there! I was lurking in the forums for quite some time now, but didn't find what i want. So, here it goes:

Because there are obviously longer periods of time between Unreal 227 patch versions and the opengl renderer for UT on this site is more frequently updated, would it be possible to just release the Unreal 1 version of the opengl .dll for integration in the current 277 patch?

Just to make it clear - I'm not complainig or something about how much time it takes for the patches to come out. I know that it's mostly a one-man show and that by itself is a great feat indeed.

Smirftsch, I am very gratefull for what you and the others are doing for Unreal and it's community!

IP Logged

Smirftsch
Forum Administrator

Re: OpenGL 3.7 for Unreal request
Reply #1 - Sep 7th, 2010 at 7:31pm
Print Post  
since pretty busy with 227g (and in final stage although I can't give an exact release date yet) I didn't even think about this possibility- also current 227f OpenGL and D3D9 do perform very good so what is the reason you are asking for the update?

Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
WWWICQ  
IP Logged

gerhard

Oldunreal member

Reply #2 - Sep 7th, 2010 at 9:18pm
Print Post  
Thank you for your swift reply! It's good to hear the next patch version is progressing well!

Well, it seems I'm sort of a perfectionist when it comes to keeping my software (in general) up-to-date, so I thought "why would always only UT have the newest version of the renderer?". I like Unreal 1 way more than UT, 'cause it's a "real" singleplayer game. That's part of the story why I like the stuff you do for Unreal.

Besides that, in a recent version of the ogl renderer alpha-2-coverage was added and some optimisation done. I would like that in Unreal 1 too...

Thank you again!

IP Logged

Smirftsch
Forum Administrator

Reply #3 - Sep 10th, 2010 at 7:46am
Print Post  
I see...well, i try to find some time soon

Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
WWWICQ  
IP Logged

GreatEmerald
Oldunreal MasterPoster

The Great Emerald

Reply #4 - Sep 10th, 2010 at 3:52pm
Print Post  
Indeed, 3.7 doesn't mean the specification (the last OpenGL specification version in the third generation is 3.3), it's just a numbering system by CWDohnal. So the numbers don't really mean anything there (although I admit that I'm quite curious about which specification the renderer actually conforms to).
It's also odd that for DX renderers, you can always see the version, but rarely anyone says anything about the OpenGL specification version...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo