Links

Tutorials

Unreal Reference

Usermaps

borderline

Contact us:
Submit News
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) 00Unreal development collection (Read 49411 times)
Gizzy
Ex Member

Oldunreal member

Re: 00Unreal development collection
Reply #15 - Aug 27th, 2010 at 9:30am
Print Post  
Hah, getting better and better Henry, I'll check this latest release soon and have another blast with it Smiley

IP Logged

GreatEmerald
Oldunreal MasterPoster

The Great Emerald

Reply #16 - Aug 27th, 2010 at 9:44am
Print Post  
Hmm, thinking about it, since you have a grid, you could automatically create paths there.

IP Logged

Henry00

Fulltime programmer

Reply #17 - Aug 27th, 2010 at 12:34pm
Print Post  

All new GUI wich is 100% functional, also shows the news.
Many many more objects added to the toolbox and as far as I know its pretty much bug free Smiley

Quote:
Hmm, thinking about it, since you have a grid, you could automatically create paths there.

Maybe in the next release, for now I actually wanted to move on to the next tool unless ofcourse someone has another brilliant shape idea  Grin

Now thats strange..  Cheesy

Zoomed out:

Next is a communication platform, you will see what I mean soon, it includes a chat. Wink
« Last Edit: Oct 31st, 2010 at 7:08pm by Henry00 »  

Henry00

My programming team, 00Laboratories:
http://00laboratories.com/
IP Logged

Henry00

Fulltime programmer

Reply #18 - Aug 27th, 2010 at 9:12pm
Print Post  
Well then, it all turned out a little differently then I expected, and I did not write my own chat because of the network usage, instead.. I took a famous one that most of you probably already know Cheesy

KamiSama is ThexDarksider lol

I am planning on some more features, but for now it turned out to be pretty usefull, I even gave it settings to change opacity or keep on top so it will act like a toolwindow from UnrealED.

Well then I hope I will see you all around, the idea behind this communication tool is like when mapping and there is an expert online you can ask why your mover has tons of collision bugs and he can awnser it is because you manually scaled the red brush.
Tool is added in the main tool interface thing. Hope to see you there!

Smiley
« Last Edit: Oct 31st, 2010 at 7:08pm by Henry00 »  

Henry00

IP Logged

Bleeder91[NL]
Betatester

Personal Text:

Reply #19 - Aug 27th, 2010 at 9:16pm
Print Post  
RTC ftw

IP Logged

Henry00

Fulltime programmer

Reply #20 - Aug 28th, 2010 at 12:49am
Print Post  
IT SUDDENLY CAME TO ME!!!
Pathnodes, how could I forget them, added them, more presize positioning Unreal cannot get!  Grin

I also fixed the bounciness of the user interface, it  always disappeared when done compiling etc or when choosing export file, its calmer now lol
« Last Edit: Oct 31st, 2010 at 7:09pm by Henry00 »  

Henry00

IP Logged

GreatEmerald
Oldunreal MasterPoster

The Great Emerald

Reply #21 - Aug 28th, 2010 at 7:39am
Print Post  
Hah, told you you could make paths easily Cheesy
The diagonal paths look a little bad, though, but I don't think you can do anything about it.

IP Logged

Henry00

Fulltime programmer

Reply #22 - Aug 28th, 2010 at 9:39am
Print Post  
Yes you're right lol but I kinda like how the cross is red it fits in the image  Cheesy
But as you look closely Unreal did build a perfect path in that mess.

Henry00

IP Logged

Henry00

Fulltime programmer

Reply #23 - Aug 31st, 2010 at 4:53am
Print Post  
Well guys I have been a little afk from the topic but I actually was working on it.
I have created a new list of updates and tools that I want to build:
Unreal script writer Can write code for you and find&fix errors, clean up the code while you write it adds forgotten semicolons ( ; ) and lots more. Unexperienced people can create proxmines with it in less then 2 minutes.
Unreal mover repairer Belongs to a little UnrealED interface, it can repair the collision bugs you get when you scale the brushes manually.
It will probably work over the clipboard.
Actors&Triggers Belongs to a little UnrealED interface, the most basic to the most complicated default trigger combinations, like playing a sound effect on touch, it allows exporting to clipboard for a paste in UnrealED and it can export a step by step walk-through to get the desired result.
Cutscene Designer Belongs to a little UnrealED interface, with a little trouble you can create cutscenes using this tool, still a bit unclear in details.
Unreal Terrain Designer A little like TerraEdit, but probably a bit more complex in the end, at least covering all the wanted aspects of terrain. Can probably create dungeons too.
new 2D shape editor Belongs to a little UnrealED interface, UnrealED already has a great tool for creating 2D shapes, but I want to give it a swing myself, this includes importing bmp files and it can generate the points for you etc.

And I still have some updates to the UnrealED dungeon maker, like actor placement and other great things you might enjoy  Cheesy
Thanks to The Great Emerald he just now gave me the idea of diagonal paths, not bad!

I hope this brings back interest and tell me what you think, and to get in contact and help me out you can add me on msn I filled that in. Ok guys cya around!

Henry00

IP Logged

Dozey
God Member

I love cleaning The Sunspire
with my mop.

Reply #24 - Aug 31st, 2010 at 8:59am
Print Post  
waiting for mover repairer and unreal terrain design

okey - for all things Grin

IP Logged

Gizzy
Ex Member

Oldunreal member

Reply #25 - Aug 31st, 2010 at 10:27am
Print Post  
Henry00 wrote on Aug 31st, 2010 at 4:53am:
Unreal script writer Can write code for you and find&fix errors, clean up the code while you write it adds forgotten semicolons ( ; ) and lots more. Unexperienced people can create proxmines with it in less then 2 minutes.

Niiiiice

IP Logged

Henry00

Fulltime programmer

Reply #26 - Aug 31st, 2010 at 6:16pm
Print Post  
Thanks for your comments! Gives me alot of inspiration to keep working on this project, today I was at my new school but when that was all done I was at my fathers work so I took out my laptop and worked on yet another update for UnrealED dungeon maker, already got an awesome responce from Gizzy and it was not even about the latest version in msn:

Quote:
Hey
New the new version of dungeon maker ROCKS
I'm making a random map with it now haha

Cheesy UPLOAD!! Dude you should see what matrix was doing the other day, he actually made the entire 80x80 grid blue... UnrealED took about 10 minutes to import the map but duuude it looked so awesome!

--------------------------------------------------------

UnrealED dungeon maker updates include:
You can now feed bad files without it crashing it rather asks you to not do it again with a big:  Cry

3D view! You can now preview the map you make inside a .. made of screenshots preview.

Added yet again small speed improvements, fixed more GUI issues and the news does not download if you have no internet connection available.

I hope you enjoy the latest version!
From now on I will keep most of my attention to creating new tools and especially the ones you all quoted!

Image of 3D preview:

Looks a little like in"editor" graphics doesn't it  Smiley

Note that hehe I took an old map thats why its all blocks and non-fitting map parts lol sorry about that
« Last Edit: Oct 31st, 2010 at 7:10pm by Henry00 »  

Henry00

IP Logged

Henry00

Fulltime programmer

Reply #27 - Sep 1st, 2010 at 6:38pm
Print Post  
I, at least in theory, made the UnrealED toolkit's mover repairer. Because my UnrealED currently doesn't like me I am having a hard time building broken movers lol, if you like could you try making a massive mover wich has collision bugs and run it through this beta application? In theory it should work, thanks  Undecided

http://henry.thewarstorm.com/00UDC/beta/UnrealEDtoolkitBeta.exe

If it works you really helped me out alot!  Smiley
Thanks for all your support already!

--

Hold on I have tested it myself too and its not working, now I hope my little theory is not wrong, but the fixes it does are all messed up it compiles some straange stuff, so after I fix that we see again, hold on!  Cheesy
« Last Edit: Sep 1st, 2010 at 8:01pm by Henry00 »  

Henry00

IP Logged

Henry00

Fulltime programmer

Reply #28 - Sep 4th, 2010 at 2:56pm
Print Post  
Bad news, I found out the ancient bug of why Unreal movers don't work most of the time, and I am not able to fix it without the proper knowledge, this will explain the ancient bug:

---How to build a broken mover, and what is wrong:

Under broken mover I mean, bad collision and invisible walls.
To build one you only have to use any kind of brush transformation tool and create it without setting any values manually and build the brush.
What happends here, why it does not work is this:

For easy brush transformation UnrealED uses:
MainScale=(Scale=(X=2.129982,Y=2.129982,Z=2.129982),SheerAxis=SHEER_ZX)
And vertex under 256, I think even 128, once the mover gets build the scale shows the mover big as expected, but it's a lie, like drawscale with bad collision. The actual collision is still following the vertex.

---How to build a working mover, and why does it work:

Under working mover, we all know what I mean, good collision and unbelievable rotating maps lol
To build one make sure you set all the values manually and NEVER touch it with brush scaling tools!

What happends here, why it works is this:
UnrealED does not use any brush transformation tools so no mainscale changes:
    MainScale=(SheerAxis=SHEER_ZX)
    PostScale=(SheerAxis=SHEER_ZX)
The vertex though has gigantic values, exactly creating the mover as should with good collision.

---One last notice

Somehow most of the time projectiles do know what the collision is and are 100% accurate.

Greets, Henry00³ ( de Jongh )

Henry00

IP Logged

Pcube
Ex Member

Reply #29 - Sep 10th, 2010 at 12:03pm
Print Post  
Hey, awesome stuff you've made here! Looking forward to your dungeon builder project, especially!

Myself and a few others would like to use it to kick off one of our own top down 2D dungeon crawl mods for Unreal if that's fine with you. Full credit given where due, of course. Smiley

Edit: About that mover collision bug: why don't you just transform each vertex manually and make a new model instead of using the scaling variables? It's annoying, but necessary..

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo