Links

Tutorials

Unreal Reference

Usermaps

borderline

Contact us:
Submit News
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Unreal Return to Napali - Episode IV: Na Pali War (Read 45623 times)
Dozey
God Member

I love cleaning The Sunspire
with my mop.

Re: Unreal:Return to Napali 2
Reply #90 - Sep 6th, 2011 at 5:00pm
Print Post  
SFJake wrote on Sep 6th, 2011 at 4:19pm:
Dedication is always good. If you can make it through it, then you learned something and got better at it. Even the worse projects (and I'm not saying that about this one) are a learning experience. Plus, you're open to critics, which makes you even more likely to progress.

So yes, be proud, there is no shame in any project, awesome, good, average or bad, if you put your heart into it Smiley

Exactly ;]

Creavion I would like to send you the final version of map when it will be done and then you'll say what you think about it.  Wink

IP Logged

creavion

Waiting for the final
release (Bankai)!

Reply #91 - Sep 6th, 2011 at 6:59pm
Print Post  
I am fully aware about that my last post was maybe rather harsh but I dont think that high of sweet talking, specially not if the situation we are talking about is rather "serious".

BETA means nearly finished, a few bugs need to be removed. If you think about bigger changes than it would mean your level is still pre-alpha.
Again your ice canyon: I saw plenty of those areas where you walked through nearly exactly straight canyons.
But lets start with the small skaarj tech facility, actually the following more applies to DM and co, but its not that wrong with sp as well.

Try to compare the existing situation with the follwing one: You enter the facility and are walking a few seconds on grate, on both sides of the entry room you see each a ventilator, maybe to the purpose of deairing of the cold wind, to keep it outside.. or something like that. Then you enter an other door. On the right side you see the cable room, a room with big cables for the computers, just as example. However its a dead end room only, your concern goes to the other side, left: You have to walk up a slant followed by a "hair pin corner" (I know thats not motorsport) right where you enter an other room through the door, THEN you have reached the main computer room.

Only a small example, there are other possibilities. In fact it holds some key factors to the gameplay: Changing of the direction after some time, changing of the height, you pass doors. You dont allow the player to get bored. If you let him go through a longer corridor like area and you dont see an end of it quickly.. its like "I know whats coming, booooooooring". If you still have problems to imagine something like that, play some DM Maps, like UT2004s DM-Rankin or what could fit as well in this case: UT3`s CTF-Coret.

The terrain however is an other issue and surely not that easily explainable with some words. Again: check other levels or start with watching of lets plays on youtube, as long it helps you to get some ideas and understanding about level design, to keep things interesting.

Well if you can finish this thing.. ok, then you gain at least my respect for keeping your motivation and stamina.

UT99.org Community Mappack 2:&&http://www.ut99.org/utr/infopage.html

IP Logged

Pcube
Ex Member

Reply #92 - Sep 6th, 2011 at 7:37pm
Print Post  
I think that it looks very nice from the video. The towers are especially a unique touch and the falling snow helps mix up the otherwise blandness of the level.

A little bit of height variation on the cliffs would be nice but isn't critical in my opinion. I was hardly distracted by this detail while watching the video.

I also liked the placement of enemies. Though simple, it seems to keep an even balance between exploration and action.

IP Logged

Dozey
God Member

with my mop.

Reply #93 - Sep 7th, 2011 at 10:50am
Print Post  
creavion wrote on Sep 6th, 2011 at 6:59pm:
I am fully aware about that my last post was maybe rather harsh but I dont think that high of sweet talking, specially not if the situation we are talking about is rather "serious".

BETA means nearly finished, a few bugs need to be removed. If you think about bigger changes than it would mean your level is still pre-alpha.
Again your ice canyon: I saw plenty of those areas where you walked through nearly exactly straight canyons.
But lets start with the small skaarj tech facility, actually the following more applies to DM and co, but its not that wrong with sp as well.

Try to compare the existing situation with the follwing one: You enter the facility and are walking a few seconds on grate, on both sides of the entry room you see each a ventilator, maybe to the purpose of deairing of the cold wind, to keep it outside.. or something like that. Then you enter an other door. On the right side you see the cable room, a room with big cables for the computers, just as example. However its a dead end room only, your concern goes to the other side, left: You have to walk up a slant followed by a "hair pin corner" (I know thats not motorsport) right where you enter an other room through the door, THEN you have reached the main computer room.

Only a small example, there are other possibilities. In fact it holds some key factors to the gameplay: Changing of the direction after some time, changing of the height, you pass doors. You dont allow the player to get bored. If you let him go through a longer corridor like area and you dont see an end of it quickly.. its like "I know whats coming, booooooooring". If you still have problems to imagine something like that, play some DM Maps, like UT2004s DM-Rankin or what could fit as well in this case: UT3`s CTF-Coret.

The terrain however is an other issue and surely not that easily explainable with some words. Again: check other levels or start with watching of lets plays on youtube, as long it helps you to get some ideas and understanding about level design, to keep things interesting.

Well if you can finish this thing.. ok, then you gain at least my respect for keeping your motivation and stamina.

Dude about terrain:
It's not good resolution but I didn't want to make a special good terrain so I used a terrain from RTNW map ;]. I'll add more rooms with more panel and more possibilites to pass them as you sayed. Next thing is that you are right - it's a pre-alpha (I forgot about this type of work status xD) and I'll add more elements to it. Too much skaarj in valley.. This must be refixed. I've planned to add marines to re-create a small battle between humans and skaarj but when player arrive at place marines are almost dead. I'll delete it and add something other - better. Anyway thank's for opinion cause I'll at least know what must be refixed.

Quote:
I think that it looks very nice from the video. The towers are especially a unique touch and the falling snow helps mix up the otherwise blandness of the level.

A little bit of height variation on the cliffs would be nice but isn't critical in my opinion. I was hardly distracted by this detail while watching the video.

I also liked the placement of enemies. Though simple, it seems to keep an even balance between exploration and action.

Thank's for opinion Wink The quality of this is crapp cause I used a ZD soft game recorder in normal quality. But it has got 80MB anyway Sad. I'll try to refix it as possible ;]

IP Logged

Dozey
God Member

with my mop.

Reply #94 - Nov 24th, 2011 at 9:38pm
Print Post  
Update time:

- User Ebrid joined to team as mapper, 3D modeler, 2D graphic editor.

Also we decided that UTweapons mod included will be replaced by Botpack for U227 - we will wait after it will be released. Next thing which I would like to share is that Necris won´t be included as regular enemy (we are planning to remove it from all missions).
There would be also new neutral animals from Na Pali and also war animals used by Skaarj as new enemy (ALL NEW MODELS).
The most important thing it will be replacement of all existing Unreal weapons by our made weapons. They´re only planned to be - we need to decide that in some time.
If replacement will fail, there will be only replacement of Dispersion Pistol:
t will be as five upgrade in game and it will take a new model of it. We think on the concept of Dispersion Minigun.
As also most members know - we are planning to release demo of mod: it will have 3 missions - but I will not promise that. Everything is going on good way for now.

From now all news will be updated at UnrealSP.

IP Logged

nellybergamo

Oldunreal member

Reply #95 - Jun 12th, 2012 at 11:36pm
Print Post  
If you guys are still working on this mod and require help i'd love to chip in. I'm experienced at general 3d modeling as well as leveldesign with the UED3 and 4. (probably gotta read up on UED1 a bit tho)
Ive been wanting to build something Unreal 1 inspired for quite some time, just tell me what you need done and I'll make it for ya ^^

IP Logged

Dozey
God Member

with my mop.

Reply #96 - Jun 14th, 2012 at 6:21pm
Print Post  
nellybergamo wrote on Jun 12th, 2012 at 11:36pm:
If you guys are still working on this mod and require help i'd love to chip in. I'm experienced at general 3d modeling as well as leveldesign with the UED3 and 4. (probably gotta read up on UED1 a bit tho)
Ive been wanting to build something Unreal 1 inspired for quite some time, just tell me what you need done and I'll make it for ya ^^

3D modelling?? Contact with me on mail Wink :
Code
Select All
dozeynwct@hotmail.com 

IP Logged

Dozey
God Member

with my mop.

Reply #97 - Jan 11th, 2013 at 1:19pm
Print Post  
I was wondered that not everyone could get into unrealsp, or other reason - they don't want to visit it. So I'll upload some screens of beta levels already developing, to show any progress here.

*Sulferon Skaarj Outpost (this desert map)
*Kaar'Mua Swamps (this foggy dark forest map)
*Nali Wargod Temple (ancient stylled map)
http://dozeyunreal.webs.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=6820293
at the end of album
Sorry for not adding photos, something wrong went with my account on imageshack.

IP Logged

KeeperUTX
God Member

Magician of Fire

Reply #98 - Jan 11th, 2013 at 2:34pm
Print Post  
Oldunreal's achievements:

Get KeeperUTX to geek Unreal SP again: 4/5.

One more like this mappack and I'm pretty sure I'll start playing the original Unreal again... hum. That means I'd be playing the original Unreal maps in three different ways:

Unreal - with some sort of mod that uses the power of 227 on Unreal diff. (Oh cr_p...)
UT - ENB Series and NW3 on Hard. maybe Universal soldiers, too. (If you use NW3 on monsters, the monster use NW3 ON YOU.)
UT2004 - either with UT2004RPG or BW or a select set of weapons that simulate the original U1 weapons. (I.E. Razorjack = Ripjack...)

Yadda-de-doo-yadda...

Anyhow, I can't wait for this to be released!

Azhir uval nutarus. Azhir mudas ethanul. Dalektharu il dask daku. Riftuuz e thara samanar utamus. Elas umanes azarathan rakas ibna.

IP Logged

Dozey
God Member

with my mop.

Re: Unreal Return to Napali - Episode IV: Na Pali War
Reply #99 - Feb 28th, 2013 at 1:27pm
Print Post  
I would ask Smirtfsch to move the topic into UMS section. It will be better solution. Also if Captain Clark want, it will be also better to move his thread also here. That's all for now. More info will be added soon by Delacroix. Thanks.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo