Links

Tutorials

Unreal Reference

Usermaps

borderline

Contact us:
Submit News
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Unreal Return to Napali - Episode IV: Na Pali War (Read 46575 times)
gregaras

MF ftw ;)

Re: Unreal:Return to Napali 2
Reply #75 - Jul 13th, 2011 at 10:06pm
Print Post  
Quote:
If someone is interested (coding category) - We need someone to script new weapons. They are not difficult to made but we haven't got anyone who could script weapons. Help us with it!

I hope I could do this... ;p

IP Logged

Dozey
God Member

I love cleaning The Sunspire
with my mop.

Reply #76 - Jul 14th, 2011 at 4:57pm
Print Post  
gregaras wrote on Jul 13th, 2011 at 10:06pm:
Quote:
If someone is interested (coding category) - We need someone to script new weapons. They are not difficult to made but we haven't got anyone who could script weapons. Help us with it!

ok so I'll write on PW about more info. Wink

IP Logged

Delacroix
Betatester

Lord of the Dark Glyphs

Reply #77 - Jul 14th, 2011 at 5:21pm
Print Post  
Check yer mailbox, Doz.

IP Logged

Dozey
God Member

with my mop.

Reply #78 - Jul 15th, 2011 at 3:10pm
Print Post  
Delacroix wrote on Jul 14th, 2011 at 5:21pm:
Check yer mailbox, Doz.

replyied succesfull Smiley

By the way I put the screens of images how will Kaar ' Mua (one of levels) presents (architecture climate ofcourse):

To the case of trees in skybox. For now there aren't any trees except these one of the biggest. Now my question regards about u227 integrity: Is there something like simulation of flora (I mean trees not plants) that will it be able to full most of view in skybox??

IP Logged

gregaras

MF ftw ;)

Reply #79 - Jul 17th, 2011 at 11:02am
Print Post  
Quote:
gregaras wrote on 07/13/11 at 22:08:22:
Quote:

ok so I'll write on PW about more info.

Okay. Smiley

IP Logged

gregaras

MF ftw ;)

Reply #80 - Jul 17th, 2011 at 1:53pm
Print Post  
Dozey wrote on Jul 15th, 2011 at 3:10pm:
By the way I put the screens of images how will Kaar ' Mua (one of levels) presents (architecture climate ofcourse):

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/1417/autoplay201171516253942.png

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/3358/autoplay201171516261210.png

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/2320/autoplay201171516273140.png

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/1259/autoplay201171516272857.png

To the case of trees in skybox. For now there aren't any trees except these one of the biggest. Now my question regards about u227 integrity: Is there something like simulation of flora (I mean trees not plants) that will it be able to full most of view in skybox??

Heh, wonderful pics, making me envy...  Smiley

IP Logged

Dozey
God Member

with my mop.

Reply #81 - Jul 18th, 2011 at 10:14am
Print Post  
gregaras wrote on Jul 17th, 2011 at 1:53pm:

Don't worry I'll zipp all static meshes that I've got and send it to you Wink

IP Logged

gregaras

MF ftw ;)

Reply #82 - Jul 18th, 2011 at 12:57pm
Print Post  
Dozey wrote on Jul 18th, 2011 at 10:14am:
gregaras wrote on Jul 17th, 2011 at 1:53pm:

Don't worry I'll zipp all static meshes that I've got and send it to you Wink

Ok... ;p

IP Logged

Dozey
God Member

with my mop.

Reply #83 - Jul 28th, 2011 at 11:35am
Print Post  
First of all I would like to apologise for copying a post from unrealsp.

These are (beta)weapons in maya/blender which will be in our mission pack. Also Delacroix asked a great code writter to convert one of great weapon project. But it will be surprise Wink . These meshes which I show are work of NW Creation Team. I and MarcinBBlack we are modeling it, Gregaras is scripting them.

Minelayer:

Flamethrower: (looks a bit lame - this is beta picture; gived to MarcinBBlack my modeler and will be refixed)

Stinger Minigun:

Sniper rifle of UMS Army:

Shock Lance: ( a weapon created by Skaarj Mercenary science units which are working for NEG/UMS forces - this is a weapon that is created to be hand-to-hand fighting.

I think that's all for now.  Grin

IP Logged

Blu3Haz3

Oldunreal member

Reply #84 - Jul 28th, 2011 at 3:16pm
Print Post  
Quads to triangles bro!

IP Logged

Dozey
God Member

with my mop.

Reply #85 - Aug 5th, 2011 at 1:18pm
Print Post  
Blu3Haz3 wrote on Jul 28th, 2011 at 3:16pm:
Quads to triangles bro!

Grin
Please contact me on PM Wink

Major update to project:

Skaarj_Slayer official now as mapper and 2th. storyline design.
Also there is beta version of other than my maps.
Gregaras showed me the Canyon map - very very good done map, I think it will be great in final version.
« Last Edit: Sep 5th, 2011 at 3:33pm by Dozey »  
IP Logged

Dozey
God Member

with my mop.

Reply #86 - Sep 5th, 2011 at 5:00pm
Print Post  
Walkthrough by one of beta levels - availble on YT:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gibrEq10ZUc
See description of it before you report bugs.

IP Logged

creavion

Waiting for the final
release (Bankai)!

Reply #87 - Sep 5th, 2011 at 6:51pm
Print Post  
Watched a little bit from your video: Honestly... unimaginative and extremly simple sometimes even doom 1/2 like geometry.
Terrain: "perfect" cliffs with somehow the same height NEARLY anywhere? (2d shape editor, I guess)
Those long sometimes straight looking canyons or skaarj tech facility corridors are really boring in my eyes.
Either you should take care of gameplay varities (small craters with wooden planks on it - but not just simply "added" into the landscape), forcing the player to take an other direction for a few seconds or whatever. The indoor part also looks to simple designed. Nothing great.
Or you add more details resulting in eye candies to overlook the gameplay aspect. I know thats not DM but sp modder seem to think they dont have to care about some design rules while creating their levels. I even think its a mistake to start with single player overall if you are new in the level design business, so NOT if you have switched the engine for example. Mapping experience is something which will never get lost, no matter if you switch the engine e.g. from ID tech to UEngine or other way around.
The better aspects seem to be those placed towers (somehow Turok like, nice idea) for example but overall:
first impression somehow 3 of 10 points (below average)... it just looks more like a typical UT monsterhunt map, extremely spammy with enemies and simple build.
But I tell you something: In my early mapping years I also tried to make some kind of total conversation, I still cant believe some people had faith in me, since I was much worse than the mappers I somehow hired. Crazy times. However project failed anyway, it was too much, just the typical "beginners" dream of something awesome huge.

Unreal levels dither to me between e.g 5 points (Sunspire) and maybe 8,5 points (Bluff Eversmoking). If Aztec would have made into the game with beginning terrain, then that would be my favorite.

UT99.org Community Mappack 2:&&http://www.ut99.org/utr/infopage.html

IP Logged

Dozey
God Member

with my mop.

Reply #88 - Sep 6th, 2011 at 3:01pm
Print Post  
creavion wrote on Sep 5th, 2011 at 6:51pm:
Watched a little bit from your video: Honestly... unimaginative and extremly simple sometimes even doom 1/2 like geometry.
Terrain: "perfect" cliffs with somehow the same height NEARLY anywhere? (2d shape editor, I guess)
Those long sometimes straight looking canyons or skaarj tech facility corridors are really boring in my eyes.
Either you should take care of gameplay varities (small craters with wooden planks on it - but not just simply "added" into the landscape), forcing the player to take an other direction for a few seconds or whatever. The indoor part also looks to simple designed. Nothing great.
Or you add more details resulting in eye candies to overlook the gameplay aspect. I know thats not DM but sp modder seem to think they dont have to care about some design rules while creating their levels. I even think its a mistake to start with single player overall if you are new in the level design business, so NOT if you have switched the engine for example. Mapping experience is something which will never get lost, no matter if you switch the engine e.g. from ID tech to UEngine or other way around.
The better aspects seem to be those placed towers (somehow Turok like, nice idea) for example but overall:
first impression somehow 3 of 10 points (below average)... it just looks more like a typical UT monsterhunt map, extremely spammy with enemies and simple build.
But I tell you something: In my early mapping years I also tried to make some kind of total conversation, I still cant believe some people had faith in me, since I was much worse than the mappers I somehow hired. Crazy times. However project failed anyway, it was too much, just the typical "beginners" dream of something awesome huge.

Unreal levels dither to me between e.g 5 points (Sunspire) and maybe 8,5 points (Bluff Eversmoking). If Aztec would have made into the game with beginning terrain, then that would be my favorite.

Thank's for opinion. Now I know what I must refix.

BTW. This is BETA. As you know beta's are still being in upgrade.

And I must say again the one thing: I am stubborn as a mule. I've never failed with projects in Unreal. Released u2vehicles mappack?? Released. These were my first maps and I am proud of these ugly maps. I am proud not that they are ugly as shit but that I'll make something. If I must do this alone - fine. But I have a couple of "crazy" people who wanna show that not only GREAT DEVELOPERS can make a mod.

IP Logged

SFJake

Oldunreal member

Reply #89 - Sep 6th, 2011 at 4:19pm
Print Post  
Dedication is always good. If you can make it through it, then you learned something and got better at it. Even the worse projects (and I'm not saying that about this one) are a learning experience. Plus, you're open to critics, which makes you even more likely to progress.

So yes, be proud, there is no shame in any project, awesome, good, average or bad, if you put your heart into it Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo