Links

Tutorials

Unreal Reference

Usermaps

borderline

Contact us:
Submit News
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Question about pixelated texture map (Read 3440 times)
Wester547

Question about pixelated texture map
Jul 22nd, 2009 at 12:07am
Print Post  
It has came to my notice that in every renderer Unreal has, with the exception of Glide (or rather, a Glide wrapper), this certain pixelation remains the game no matter what (for me, with this texture, in particulars):

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/5484/pixellate.jpg

The capture is using OpenGL. Pixelation is lucid with the S3TC textures as well. Does anyone know a fix around this? If not, it's okay. This has been a limpidly abounding recurrence of note on every computer I've played Unreal on, and I've played it on both ancient ATi hardware to modern nVidia hardware. My system specifications are:

Microsoft Windows XP 32-bit Media Center Edition SP2
AMD Athlon 64 3800+ Venice core @ stock
2GB Of PC3200 DDR-SDRAM
512MB GDDR3 nVidia GeForce 9600 GT low power/low profile (@ stock frequencies, using the latest ForceWare 186.18 drivers, though this has been a problem for me for every driver I've ever used on every graphics card I've ever used; I've used the 175.16 - 186.18 ForceWare drivers with this card, to give studious specification)
Integrated Realtek HD Audio
250GB SATA HDD
ETC

Does anyone else come to bear with this same problem? If anyone knows a fix around it for OpenGL, that'd be very much appreciated, duly-noted, and great. If not, I understand.

Many thanks for your time and input.

(Also, I sincerely hope I posted this to the right forum of discussion.... ^^; And I'm not sure if this problem is pixelation, either, but... just thought I'd ask. ^^Wink
« Last Edit: Jul 27th, 2009 at 7:05am by Wester547 »  
IP Logged

[§Ŕ] ŤhěxĐāŕkśīđěŕ
Oldunreal MasterPoster

「エレクトロマスター」

Re: Question about pixelated texture map
Reply #1 - Jul 23rd, 2009 at 7:08pm
Print Post  
That pixelation is what I'm fighting to get back, why would you want to kill it? o_O

IP Logged

.:..:
Oldunreal MasterPoster
Developer Team

Re: Question about pixelated texture map
Reply #2 - Jul 25th, 2009 at 1:21pm
Print Post  
It's just map setup (surface No Smooth) which can only be fixed by editing the maps.

Shivaxi wrote on Jul 25th, 2013 at 12:50pm:
...and now im stuck trying to fix everything you broke for the next 227 release xD Tongue

(ಠ_ಠ)
ICQYIM  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo