Links

Tutorials

Unreal Reference

Usermaps

borderline

Contact us:
Submit News
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Translations needed / 227 Localizations (Read 75967 times)
DaveAnd

Oldunreal member

Re: Translations needed / 227 Localizations
Reply #15 - Jan 20th, 2009 at 12:45pm
Print Post  
you could script fire these strings through yahoo, you would need a method to get text back out of response...

getpage 'http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_txt?lp=en_fr&trtext=food'

returns the bellow HTML (fragment of response)

<div id="result"><div style="padding:0.6em;">nourriture</div></div>
                <input type="hidden" name="p" value="nourriture">

but it was correct..

IP Logged

Smirftsch
Forum Administrator

Reply #16 - Jan 20th, 2009 at 5:55pm
Print Post  
sure and the results are maybe funny but nothing compared against some native language speaker translation, even the "old" original translations are pain often...
« Last Edit: Jan 20th, 2009 at 7:13pm by Smirftsch »  

Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
WWWICQ  
IP Logged

[]KAOS[]Casey
Ex Member

nedm

Reply #17 - Jan 20th, 2009 at 7:05pm
Print Post  
we've had people come here and post the correct translations for a few things before, .ints can always be changed after releases anyway, just download a "language pack" and modify your ini and good to go.. :p

IP Logged

Smirftsch
Forum Administrator

Reply #18 - Jan 21st, 2009 at 8:47am
Print Post  
sure, still it would be nice to have at least the originally included languages cleaned up and working Wink
(Still missing Spanish and Italian)- means .itt and .est

Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
WWWICQ  
IP Logged

Loki<KoR>

YoU Be DeaD!!!

Reply #19 - Jan 21st, 2009 at 11:21am
Print Post  
I never liked translation scripts. It can helps but the grammar is so bad some times.

I'll work on Spanish latinamerica version. First on the files containded here:  ....unreal.com/other/int.7z
Then on   .../localized.7z

Once work is done I'll send the files back to you. so you can check if everything is ok and smooth. Smiley

}{LoKi}{&lt;KoR&gt; Rulez!!! 8)&&&&I need only one bullet to blow your head apart!&&So take it off!
IP Logged

azn

Oldunreal member

Reply #20 - Jan 22nd, 2009 at 3:00pm
Print Post  
First fo all, welcome to all forum members. I would like to translate in polish. On our local Unreal site sveg said his hard drive crashed and he lost his translated part so it's free to take.

I would like to do it. I need to know two things:
1. How much time do I have(need 1/2 months, because I have a family, school and work)
2. How could I put translated things into game to check if everything is ok?(if I need to compile sth. I just want to say I use GNU/Linux based OS).

I translated one game before for a few months but it was easy. Translating Unreal is much more difficult. But I also made an interview with two foreign game developers, translated everything into english and back into polish so I guess I am good enough to do it. But I need time, and please tell me how can I apply translated stuff in game, let's say I translate one file and would like to see the results in game.

But I will go for it.

btw. great idea with this translations.
« Last Edit: Jan 22nd, 2009 at 7:31pm by azn »  

My servers:
[ALZ] Alzen's playground 1-on-1 DM [UTF] (NO PASSWORD) (ONLINE 24/7)

Jabber ID: alzen@jid.pl

IP Logged

Raven

Yog-Sothoth rulez :)

Reply #21 - Jan 22nd, 2009 at 3:24pm
Print Post  
You can make backup of your .int files and just overwrite 'em or change translated ones to .pol and in Unreal.ini change Language from int to pol (from Language=int to Language=pol). If it's any help I have original translation from polish version of Anthology (or was it just UGold, don't remember), but dunno what about legal stuff with 'em (I can send whole files to you if that's any help). Remember also (if I'm correct) no "ę, ą, ż, ź, ś, ł, ˇ" Smiley.

WWWGTalkICQ  
IP Logged

azn

Oldunreal member

Reply #22 - Jan 22nd, 2009 at 7:30pm
Print Post  
Raven, thanks a lot, but I prefer to do it myself, also, we aren't sure about legality of using this translation. I guess translating will go well but i need at least 1 month.

I will remeber. Thanks for your support.

My servers:

IP Logged

GreatEmerald
Oldunreal MasterPoster

The Great Emerald

Reply #23 - Jan 22nd, 2009 at 8:15pm
Print Post  
I'd say it should be not pol, but pll. The easiest way to determine the extension is to use the country's domain name and add "l" at the end. USA doesn't have one, so it's INT. And all of the current translations are formed like that: .fr -> frt, .de -> det, .es -> est etc.
And if you don't know the domain name, you can always look it up in Wikipedia. POL would most likely mean Polynesian, although they have so many different languages that I have no idea how it would sound Smiley

IP Logged

azn

Oldunreal member

Reply #24 - Jan 29th, 2009 at 10:37pm
Print Post  
One week has passed so I would like to inform about Polish translation progress.

Well, there is some progress and I guess it's nice to hear. Ok, no jokes. I started translating from the biggest files(over 700 lines, if you don't translate you don't know that pain...). I have one whole file from these left, after that I will do smaller ones(with pleasure man, seriously! no more over 700 lines, please...).

After that, I will translate a few(few = about 50) the most difficult phrases. After that, I will check it, next, check briefly in game. One more check and It's done.

So, it's on a good way. As I said, need 1/2 months from 22.01.2009. It's going well so it may be done earlier but I cannot promise that. Now I will stop translating for about 5 days because of one of my last exams in college(last exams in this term of course). After that I'm back to work. So don't worry, everything is going well so far.

btw. since few days I'm ill, annoying flu. Imagine a boy sitting in front of a PC, sick boy(that was Slayer's song with that name if I'm correct Cheesy), looking at small font in text editor(only 1024x768 and I like using column view when translating). Yep, that's me when translating.

Ok, I will let you know probably next week how is it going.

My servers:

IP Logged

[]KAOS[]Casey
Ex Member

nedm

Reply #25 - Jan 29th, 2009 at 11:57pm
Print Post  
good to hear you've done so much so far, keep it up and feel better ;p

IP Logged

GreatEmerald
Oldunreal MasterPoster

The Great Emerald

Reply #26 - Feb 2nd, 2009 at 9:21pm
Print Post  
I've started working on that translation tool mentioned. So far it looks quite good, although has no real functions:

http://www.efsa.lt/dev/it/Aidas/vertimai.php

I will also add the style and functionality there, and then make a "language selection" page. The URL shouldn't change while it's on development... And currently I use an INT file from UT2004, but as they're pretty generic, the same script will work in all versions.

IP Logged

azn

Oldunreal member

Reply #27 - Mar 3rd, 2009 at 10:31am
Print Post  
Hello guys, not very good news here.

I'm very sorry to inform you that there was no progress since my last post in Polish translation. Many things had happened, we spent almost three weeks out, came back home a few days ago and discovered a few things that need our attention. Anyway, we just have some things that needs to be done at first place.

Three weeks is a lot of time, before I was doing some translation work every evening, also, I need to work more because I almost didn't work in those three weeks. That's how it looks.

I may say that translation is in progress but have no date when it'll be done. Please release patches normally and don't wait for it. I will post when it's done. If I stop working on it, I will probably post here what I've done so far, maybe someone will take and finish it.

Sorry once again for this kind of post, but I thought that it's best to show you how things look like at the moment.

My servers:

IP Logged

Rarsonic

FOR AN UNREAL 227 WITH
UTF-16!

Reply #28 - Mar 4th, 2009 at 7:49pm
Print Post  
I can also work in the Spanish version of the patch, although It would be European Spanish.

And there should be made a lot of character work, at least, extend the current font to at least more characters, such as eastern european ones.

&lt;&lt;Gibberish&gt;&gt;
YIM  
IP Logged

[]KAOS[]Casey
Ex Member

nedm

Reply #29 - Mar 4th, 2009 at 8:25pm
Print Post  
there is this in a class I found

//!! Japanese text (experimental).
//#exec OBJ LOAD FILE=..\Textures\Japanese.utx

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo