logo
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) how to play unreal music in windows (Read 8840 times)
2smart4u

unreal?? yust cassic the
best.

how to play unreal music in windows
Jun 4th, 2005 at 6:00pm
Print Post  
ey,

i really like the music in unreal, but it is in .uax format. windows media player cant read it and i cant find the proper tools to play the music with. has anyone a idea how i can play the music in unreal in windows? (by not strarting unreal). this is what im doing now to play the music. open unreal > start lvl with the music > pauze > alt +tab and hide the screen.

cya
2smart4u

IP Logged

Hyper
Board Moderator
Betatester

It's Unreal.

Re: how to play unreal music in windows
Reply #1 - Jun 4th, 2005 at 6:53pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

TheEmperorStalwartUK
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jun 4th, 2005 at 7:26pm
Print Post  
Winamp 2 is t3h l33t. It can play nearly anything (besides Quicktime and Real files among others).

You can get Winamp 2 here: http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=winamp

IP Logged

Hyper
Board Moderator
Betatester

It's Unreal.

Reply #3 - Jun 4th, 2005 at 8:48pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Winamp 2 is t3h l33t. It can play nearly anything (besides Quicktime and Real files among others).

You can get Winamp 2 here: http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=winamp

Why not Winamp 5?

When you don't like the new skin or have a slow computer, turn off the modern skin and it looks like the old Winamp again. And you have the latest plugins and updates.

IP Logged

Xavious
God Member

<Insert witty text here>

Reply #4 - Jun 5th, 2005 at 7:01pm
Print Post  
And it's alot more diffucult to crack than the older versions. I like things that are difficult to crack, you get a real sense of rebellious satisfaction from successfully using the pro version features...

As much as i try, i cannot seem to think of an interesting and amusing signature...I blame the stupid fools who stole all my ideas for decent signatures...&&&&Fools...&&&&I'll get you some day!
IP Logged

DieHard SCWS
Global Moderator

DHrdsDGW

Reply #5 - Jun 5th, 2005 at 10:01pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I like things that are difficult to crack, you get a real sense of rebellious satisfaction from successfully using the pro version features...

LOL

But yeah regardless what version winamp does the trick Smiley

I am planning to go convert them to mp3 somewhere next month, including the ones from the 95 demo Cheesy, one of those is just awsome................. that one i still want to go use for the website.

Unreal  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy its soo.......... Cry

Well it needs to be redone, the end is not too cool as it is now  Undecided

IP Logged

TCP_Wolf
Forum Administrator

Reply #6 - Jun 6th, 2005 at 5:43am
Print Post  
Quote:
I am planning to go convert them to mp3 somewhere next month, including the ones from the 95 demo Cheesy

What for? You're gonna lose quality in the process and increase the filesize by factor 10.

-=]HONESTY PAYS[=-
WWWGTalk  
IP Logged

TCP_Wolf
Forum Administrator

Reply #7 - Jun 6th, 2005 at 5:47am
Print Post  
Quote:
i really like the music in unreal, but it is in .uax format.

The file extension is UMX not UAX (UAX -> sound effect files). Since the whole package wrapping format doesn't really care for file extension it doesn't really matter byte-wise but since ALL Unreal music files have the extension UMX and ALL Unreal sound packages UAX I thought clear it... Lips Sealed

-=]HONESTY PAYS[=-
WWWGTalk  
IP Logged

Smirftsch
Forum Administrator

Reply #8 - Jun 6th, 2005 at 10:25am
Print Post  
with ued you can export the music files into s3m files. For s3m there are a lot of players arround, not only heavy overloaded winamp (brrr)- for those files and as a small efficient free player (mp3 and ogg too) i can only suggest xmplay -> www.un4seen.com/xmplay.html

Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
WWWICQ  
IP Logged

DieHard SCWS
Global Moderator

DHrdsDGW

Reply #9 - Jun 6th, 2005 at 3:22pm
Print Post  
Quote:
What for? You're gonna lose quality in the process and increase the filesize by factor 10.

Yeah i heard before there will be quality loss, but i just want them so i can play them into the mediaplayer ( i know its terrible Smiley )

And i need it in a file size that a website supports.

Quote:
with ued you can export the music files into s3m files.
Correct Smiley

And the Tech Demo 95 the music files already are s3m.

IP Logged

TheEmperorStalwartUK
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Jun 6th, 2005 at 3:37pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Well then you could play them on an MP3 Player which has it's uses...

IP Logged

Xavious
God Member

<Insert witty text here>

Reply #11 - Jun 7th, 2005 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
I'm sure there is someone out there fluent in the arts of MIDI...you might ask around for someone to perhaps try and sequence some of them?

As much as i try, i cannot seem to think of an interesting and amusing signature...I blame the stupid fools who stole all my ideas for decent signatures...&&&&Fools...&&&&I'll get you some day!
IP Logged

TCP_Wolf
Forum Administrator

Reply #12 - Jun 8th, 2005 at 5:52am
Print Post  
AFAIK there are even MOD2MIDI programs - indeed I recall having one myself somewhere deep deep deep deeeeeeep in my archive.

The problem is (of course), that you will have to map all instruments manually because I don't think any mod2midi program will scan the waveforms used and match them to the best midi instruments that compare to them. But even then, you should expect slight to heavy tonal disturbances or tone-offsets which were not taken into consideration (who told you the waveform was recorded playing a C at normal speed? Tongue).

All in all, I say just keep the MOD format. IT tracker, Protracker and S3M all sound incredibly beautiful if only the player is right and mixing is done at above CD quality. When you extract the mods from the UMX files and have modplug play them at 48kHz, dynamic gain and all the other technical finessess you hear true beauty.

-=]HONESTY PAYS[=-
WWWGTalk  
IP Logged

Smirftsch
Forum Administrator

Reply #13 - Jun 8th, 2005 at 12:35pm
Print Post  
with xmplay you can rip the music to mp3 or ogg as well, did that for my car, but if possible i'd try to keep s3m.

Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
WWWICQ  
IP Logged

Buster
Global Moderator

Reply #14 - Jun 8th, 2005 at 7:25pm
Print Post  
Greetings ...

Another way to do it is almost the reverse of making an mp3 into a umx file. Using the editor, select the umx file you want and "export" it. For example ... Flyby.umx - it should show you Flyby.it.s3m - so just wipe out the s3m part of the file name so you've got Flyby.it !!
Now, import the file into ModPlug Tracker (use google to grab a copy - it's free). Then you just have to "Save As" mp3 or whatever you want. dBpowerAMP can convert that into wav if you need that format ... quite simple.
Not only that !! In ModPlug you can "tweak" the pattern or save it with EQ settings or reverb, etc.
Hope that helps you.

Gatherstone - Unreal by Design
https://gatherstone.oldunreal.com

OK - he falls
Keep it Unreal !!
Smiley_~
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo